• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Hughes

I love it when these blokes just come in and try to buy instant success, I feel sorry for Sparky, should have been given at least the season.

But if you have an unlimited budget would you choose Lescott and Toure as your central defenders?
Also, playing 6 attacking players is great, but you wont win anything.

I do feel Hughes is a good manager and will do elsewhere. But look at the figures- £200m spent, and most of that on massively overpriced players. It all went downhill from when he bought Robinho, never a player youd want to fight your way to a result.
But the worst decision he made was to get rid of Richard Dunne. In a team lacking leaders that guy wouldve been just what he needed. Hes probably been the best defender in the league for Villa.
Adebayor we all know can be brilliant but can not turn up as well. Says it all when Bellamy was probably his best signing and probably the cheapest.

Mancini Im surprised hes been out the game so long considering he won 3 serie A's on the trot! If he can sort out the defence he could do well. Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal have lost more games than they did all last season, so there is a real opportunity for them to get in the top 4. The problem is that he is stuck with players he probably he doesnt want, on huge contracts who would only fetch half their values in most cases. The only club who can afford Man Citys players are...Man City! Will be interesting thats for sure.

If I was in charge i would've done the same. If your failing like they were , with the money they've spent and theres top class managers out there , surely you would go for it. Mark Hughes for me has showed little knowledge how to get the best of his attacking players , and surprisingly how to organise his defence! Hes the type of manager who needs to be incharge of gritty teams that work hard and grind out results. Obviously that isnt what city are looking forward. His managerial style didnt suit the club at all. I wonder what chance there is of him being at wigan or west ham soon. I think he'd do well at a club like Wigan , like he did at Blackburn. I think City will go onwards and upwords and will finish 4th just infront of Spurs and Villa , with Liverpool Slugishly in 7th. Sorry Sparksy you outta luck!

They were very poor at Spurs the other night for sure. As much as I don't like Sven, he did a fairly good job before Sparky and was also shown the door when moving City in the right direction.

City want success after all the money spent but they still look a long way away from winning anything to me. Unlucky for Sparky but difficult to feel sorry for a man who will get a payoff that virtually every poster on this board banded together will never earn in their lifetimes and another job surely just round the corner.

Back