• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Milligan opinion

Such a shame, as he's turned things around with his displays. Now looks a good player. The odd pass still goes astray, but nowhere near like when he first played for us. He actually puts some good telling passes through to the attack as well. Even tho results are poor, he gives it everything. He also looks like he belongs as well. The first few months it was like he was an outcast or something. Probably down to those that have left, and not him.

Yes his performances have improved of late but for me he brings very little to the game he like Mantom only play because we have nobody else.So the sooner he goes the better

That Lewis Gard goal last Saturday all started with Milligan slotting a peach of a pass to find Clifford who then set up Gard.

Never quite thought I would say it but big miss for this Saturday, gutted for Mark.

Maybe the lack of work done by K.Bond in pre-season was the reason for Mark's slow start......

Spike has certainly improved recently and I think his experience is very useful for our young players, provided that he passes it on. His attitude is better too. Unfortunately his body can't do what he used to be able to and he is a vulnerable part of our side.

I think Spike has benefited lately from having willing, young legs in midfield to do all the running and chasing down. That way he can concentrate on doing what he does best … organising, positioning himself well and using his height to advantage. However I'd guess his wages won't fit in with next season's budget. Also in our position there's no point risking him coming back early and playing with a mask. Our fate is sealed.

I'm not surprised his number of passes is less and his pass completion rate is less. In the first 7 games the whole team were making at least 5 or 6 passes when one would do, usually scarily close to their own goal.

I'm not surprised his number of passes is less and his pass completion rate is less. In the first 7 games the whole team were making at least 5 or 6 passes when one would do, usually scarily close to their own goal.
Agreed, some of these statistics are often misleading; I guess we are getting a bit more quality over quantity now.

Back