• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Milligan

Can't see what costs we'd have to pay if Campbell volutntarily leaves his job to take up the Bolton post.Sort of agree with you about Powell but we really should have appointed a better replacement than Bond.

There would likely still be some legal costs involved in documenting this and the club don't, to my knowledge, have an in-house solicitor.

We would also need to appoint replacements. Again, there would be legal costs involved, possibly agent costs, maybe relocation packages or signing bonuses.

The most galling thing about Bond is that it wasn't hindsight as we saw what he was like and still went ahead and appointed him (although it wasn't just Ron, a majority on Shrimperzone were in favour of making him permanent).

It has come from numerous very reliable sources.

I suppose we have to hope Bolton want him.

We know neither the origin of the rumours or the agenda of the individual spreading those rumours.

We may hear what we believe are collaborating sources but we don't know if they all emanate from the same singular source.

We do know there is a whispering campaign against Sol. We do know he's put certain people's backs up. We do know he's not certain people's cup of tea.

Only a handful of people will be in a position to know his salary. Sol isn't talking, his agent is likely to exaggerate it, there's Ron but are people saying his a credible source now? So what other sources are there: probably the Finance Director, Sol's accountant and solicitor (although they probably aren't local and are unlikely to be the leak), the club solicitor, payroll and at least in theory the rest of the Board, but I don't get the impression Ron involves them in detail. Unless you heard it direct from one of these then it is hearsay, at best second hand but more likely many times more indirect than that and the more indirect it is, the more likely to have been misinterpreted, spun and twisted along the line to suit someone's agenda until it's Chinese whispers.

Players don't know; sponsors don't know; Chris Phillips doesn't know; the club shop staff don't know; Ron's hairdresser doesn't know; fathers of players dropped from the team with a grudge to wield don't know; former club captains with an apparent eye on the job don't know; club gossips being frozen out of the know in the current regime won't know.

Yet these figures are constantly wielded around stated as fact until they are finally accepted as truth through sheer repetition, grinding people down until people assume there's no smoke without fire.

My advice: keep an open mind.

Can't see what costs we'd have to pay if Campbell volutntarily leaves his job to take up the Bolton post.It's more the opportunity costs of his replacement,which we'd have to pay anyway.Sort of agree with you about Powell but we really should have appointed a better replacement than Bond.Though hindsight (as always) is a wonderful thing. :Winking:
I suggested Evan in March 2019, but most of you was against him ??‍♂️

There would likely still be some legal costs involved in documenting this and the club don't, to my knowledge, have an in-house solicitor.

We would also need to appoint replacements. Again, there would be legal costs involved, possibly agent costs, maybe relocation packages or signing bonuses.

The most galling thing about Bond is that it wasn't hindsight as we saw what he was like and still went ahead and appointed him (although it wasn't just Ron, a majority on Shrimperzone were in favour of making him permanent).

I wasn't.But could understand why the decision was (eventually) made after the Sunderland game.

We know neither the origin of the rumours or the agenda of the individual spreading those rumours.

We may hear what we believe are collaborating sources but we don't know if they all emanate from the same singular source.

We do know there is a whispering campaign against Sol. We do know he's put certain people's backs up. We do know he's not certain people's cup of tea.

Only a handful of people will be in a position to know his salary. Sol isn't talking, his agent is likely to exaggerate it, there's Ron but are people saying his a credible source now? So what other sources are there: probably the Finance Director, Sol's accountant and solicitor (although they probably aren't local and are unlikely to be the leak), the club solicitor, payroll and at least in theory the rest of the Board, but I don't get the impression Ron involves them in detail. Unless you heard it direct from one of these then it is hearsay, at best second hand but more likely many times more indirect than that and the more indirect it is, the more likely to have been misinterpreted, spun and twisted along the line to suit someone's agenda until it's Chinese whispers.

Players don't know; sponsors don't know; Chris Phillips doesn't know; the club shop staff don't know; Ron's hairdresser doesn't know; fathers of players dropped from the team with a grudge to wield don't know; former club captains with an apparent eye on the job don't know; club gossips being frozen out of the know in the current regime won't know.

Yet these figures are constantly wielded around stated as fact until they are finally accepted as truth through sheer repetition, grinding people down until people assume there's no smoke without fire.

My advice: keep an open mind.

Their fans didn’t seem overly pleased with this signing on Twitter.

Back