• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Very pleased with this appointment. 3 weeks too late however.
our pre season has thus far been shambolic to say the least. No pre season friendlies, transfer embargo. We are screwed before a ball has been kicked...do we even have balls???
Id be delighted to stay in the league next year...blimey there is the new standard for my beloved club, to remain in the football league.

Maybe one season too late

The difference being anyone can get their B Licence. Apply and if there’s space you’re on it!

To get the A Licence you need to be an ex pro, a teacher, or recommended and working within an academy or 11v11 set up. It’s heavily weighted towards people in the pro game so maybe he’s just found it hard to get accepted.

I have to say I know some poor B licence coaches who simply ticked the boxes on assessment day and were good with a spreadsheet or two!!

Not suggesting you’re one of them!! I just know several ?
Anyone who has a UEFA B license can apply for their A but there are a high volume of applications so there are recommendations for priority, such as working in an academy.

Most coaches need to have an AYA (Advanced Youth Award) before becoming an A License holder.

Fantastic news, lets get behind him and even if he doesn't hit the ground running lets keep the faith with him.
Good luck Mark and welcome.

Why is it every time I watch these club interviews the interviewer can never be heard! Luckily you can hear the interviewee
Audio is shocking. I do a podcast with my mates for fun and I wouldn't have let something that bad go out. Sort it out Southend.

To be fair, it was the lads first day back at work after being on furlough for many months, doing about the work of 3 people and having to interview him with one mic and keep to a safe distance, hence why the mic is on a stand. You can only imagine how hectic it would have been. Just be happy we’ve got our man guys.

To be fair, it was the lads first day back at work after being on furlough for many months, doing about the work of 3 people and having to interview him with one mic and keep to a safe distance, hence why the mic is on a stand. You can only imagine how hectic it would have been. Just be happy we’ve got our man guys.
Fair do’s no offence meant.

Next time just make sure you use a boom mic and move it between your mouth and the interviewee ;)

Anyone who has a UEFA B license can apply for their A but there are a high volume of applications so there are recommendations for priority, such as working in an academy.

Most coaches need to have an AYA (Advanced Youth Award) before becoming an A License holder.
[/QUO
It is now hard to get onto the B licence, even harder to get on the A licence
The difference being anyone can get their B Licence. Apply and if there’s space you’re on it!

To get the A Licence you need to be an ex pro, a teacher, or recommended and working within an academy or 11v11 set up. It’s heavily weighted towards people in the pro game so maybe he’s just found it hard to get accepted.

I have to say I know some poor B licence coaches who simply ticked the boxes on assessment day and were good with a spreadsheet or two!!

Not suggesting you’re

I agree, I have seen some terrible B licence coaches, and some not so great A-licence coaches!! Some people seem to get fast tracked if their face fits!! Sadly having coached at the club and helping the centre of excellences head stay above water mine didnt!! I sincerely hope the pair do a good job.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he gets us out of this dire situation we are in. I do though have my concerns. He was succeeding at Weymouth largely due to the access he had to the Bouremouth under 23s. He cannot get hold of them here. None of them will want to come to a sinking ship. I am not being negative and really do hope he is our saviour.
Lets be realistic we will be nowhere near promotion this season. Its going to take time.
Actually you are being negative (which is OK by the way)

fair play, might have been harsh. It's just a fairly simple thing to sort out, and hearing the questions as well makes the whole thing easier as a listener. It's been an ongoing frustration of mine, listening to lots of podcasts and audio recordings during lock down and the standard is so bad on so many.

Interesting article here about Mark Molesley's time at Weymouth. It does seem like we have signed a gem.

His record whilst at Weymouth was as follows:

Competitive games (inc. two games as caretaker) – P158 W91 D34 L33

Welcome Mr Molesley. We promise not to get on your back after the first few matches. We do not expect anything from next season except survival and positive signs for the following season. We will give you the full three years before passing judgement. You will be assured of our continued support through thick and thin. We will not forget the great surge of enthusiasm for you on the day of your appointment.

If only that were all true....

What happens if he try’s to completely change the style of play to one where we are playing out from the back and keeping possession for longer periods......but doesn’t win any of his first 6 games....

We couldn't pay the players in March and have had no income since then. Yay Moseley will be our saviour!! Bored of this joke club. **** off.

Genuinely excited about today’s managerial news. I think he’ll really connect with the fans. You only have to look at his social media where he takes time to wish fans a happy birthday etc. compared to the words of wisdom from our last manager.

MM is genuinely, for me, the best appointment we have made in a long time. Young, successful, already respected, experienced at varying levels and not a blast from our past or a Billy Big Boots. I'm looking forward to the season.

We couldn't pay the players in March and have had no income since then. Yay Moseley will be our saviour!! Bored of this joke club. **** off.

I would suggest if that is your true feeling on the only positive day the club have had in months. That maybe it is you thats needs to **** off?

My gut feeling is the extra few weeks wait to land him will prove to have been the right decision - League Two survival here we come....

that sounds depressing typing that out, but I'll take it!

Back