• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Mark Molesley at Boots & Laces

One look and he'll turn around.

"What's that rusting pile"

:Smile:
In the YouTube interview, MM said he'd worked on building sites so maybe that's part of the deal.

Just hope Ron can remember where he put the instructions!

source.gif

I dont get this, its been melt down since around Monday morning, when a RM time frame wasnt kept too, and finally now its confirmed MM is at Boots and Laces to meet the player, and only 7 posts...

My mate who runs a mini bus hire company said that SUFC have rented a minibus to bring his team of 9 down each monday morning, they will then go home on saturday after the match in the mini bus, RM has arranged for the top floor of 'The Ivy House' on the seafront to be booked out, to house the team during the week

Last edited:
I dont get this, its been melt down since around Monday morning, when a RM time frame wasnt kept too, and finally now its confirmed MM is at Boots and Laces to meet the player, and only 7 posts...

My mate who runs a miny bus hire company said that SUFC have rented a minibus to bring his team of 9 down each monday morning, they will then go home on saturday after the match in the mini bus, RM has arranged for the top floor of 'The Ivy' on the seafront to be booked out, to house the team during the week

The Ivy House?

Luxury.

Why all the secrecy? Is Ron Martin part of MI5 or MI6? This attitude creates mistrust throughout the fan base and probably within the club. What is wrong with a plain and simple announcement, assuming that as MM is at the ground, most issues must be finalised. I cannot understand the logic of this approach.

My mate who runs a mini bus hire company said that SUFC have rented a minibus to bring his team of 9 down each monday morning, they will then go home on saturday after the match in the mini bus, RM has arranged for the top floor of 'The Ivy House' on the seafront to be booked out, to house the team during the week

The meltdown is understandable enough as it's unlike Ron to miss a deadline.

My mate who runs a mini bus hire company said that SUFC have rented a minibus to bring his team of 9 down each monday morning, they will then go home on saturday after the match in the mini bus,

For some reason I have my doubts over both these claims

assuming that as MM is at the ground, most issues must be finalised. I cannot understand the logic of this approach.
A potential manager being at the training ground does not mean all the issues have been finalised, he might just be looking at what he'd have to work with before he makes a decision.

Reactions: fbm

DIdnt you know? Shrimperzone has been condensed down to just one thread now. :Smile:

Then again, he has apparently been ‘introduced to the players’.

A potential manager being at the training ground does not mean all the issues have been finalised, he might just be looking at what he'd have to work with before he makes a decision.

No one would gain anything whatsoever from seeing the players train for a morning. Nothing.

It’s entirely possible he wanted to see the facilities first but he’d have done that yesterday while the players were off.

No he’s there today for one reason. It’s a done deal.

Then again, he has apparently been ‘introduced to the players’.

He’s been watching training this morning & will be introduced to the players afterwards.

The squad have a double session today, which should be wrapped up by 3pm.

I’ve been told to expect an announcement this afternoon. My guess would be around 4pm

Back