• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Mark Molesley hoping Greg Halford will stay with Southend United

Really why? What's he got other then a long throw ! The one game he starts he gets sent off !! Sorry but the money on his wages could be used better elsewhere.

He'll be reasonably cheap and has enough experience to influence the squad during a battle, he's got the ability to play pretty much anywhere on the pitch so he's useful to have on the bench.

As long as it doesn't prevent us signing anyone else he's worth holding onto until the end of the season

Dont think hes being paid steve,
Plus he might be bringing more to the team then just performances. MM clearly thinks he has something to offer.

I wouldnt lose any sleep if he went. But lets say we got 6 or 7 injuries in february, cant have that happening again, especially this season.

He'll be reasonably cheap and has enough experience to influence the squad during a battle, he's got the ability to play pretty much anywhere on the pitch so he's useful to have on the bench.

As long as it doesn't prevent us signing anyone else he's worth holding onto until the end of the season
Not at the expense of signing ricky holmes

Really why? What's he got other then a long throw ! The one game he starts he gets sent off !! Sorry but the money on his wages could be used better elsewhere.
Because none of us have any idea how much benefit he brings to the squad off the pitch. Just like a Ranger type player can create a toxic atmosphere, a more positive mature player can create a positive atmosphere that isn't just visible on match day.

Because none of us have any idea how much benefit he brings to the squad off the pitch. Just like a Ranger type player can create a toxic atmosphere, a more positive mature player can create a positive atmosphere that isn't just visible on match day.
Like david Luiz at arsenal u mean! Not the best defender in the world and makes mistakes regularly but they sign him because apparently hes a great influence within the squad and likeable character! I get what your saying but how much does that cost ? And we dont have the advantage of arsenals finances to sign players just because they are likeable.

Clearly there's more to it than just Halford but he has been a part of a side that has improved massively. I thought he looked off the pace on Saturday and I don't see him as a starter, but it's clear we need experienced heads on and off the pitch. Don't see an issue with keeping him like others have said as long as the price is right and it doesn't stop us signing others.

I don't think Halford suited starting on Saturday against a side who played with the ball on the ground despite having a big lump up top. If we had played a long ball typical league 2 side I think he would've won headers for fun.

Definitely keep. As others say you have no idea how much he might be impacting off of the pitch - is it by chance that since he has come in someone like Hobson looks to have improved? Perhaps he's helping him...

As long as the cost is sustainable then yes keep Halford. Him along with White and Macca give us an ideal balance between experience and youth. Even if Macca and Halford can only last 70 minutes per game their experience in organising is invaluable.

Once fully match fit would be useful both a CB and in one of the two holding holding midfield positions in a 4231 (he has played a lot there). add to the he can bung him up front of the limit on squad size you can see how MM might be keen. And that's before you get to the positive impact as a senior pro.

Seems a good professional. Looked after himself and the gaffer sees value in him. I'm sure his experience is invaluable, in a number of positions, on the training ground. I'm not a fan of lumbering CB's and so might like to see him further forward. His presence at set pieces will be an asset.

Once fully match fit would be useful both a CB and in one of the two holding holding midfield positions in a 4231 (he has played a lot there). add to the he can bung him up front of the limit on squad size you can see how MM might be keen. And that's before you get to the positive impact as a senior pro.

Exactly, 3 players for the price of 1

Back