• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

Back to Mark Molesley, Molsy, Molsly, whatever, i really like him !
Great demeanour, how refreshing to see him not blaming players for individual mistakes, not blaming the situation here, blaming Ron or anyone. I absolutely detested Phil Brown when he cherry picked a player that had an off game or glaring mistake, i'd literally be shouting at the radio during his interviews, its just unprofessional and cant do the player the world of good.

I like his eye for a player, Hobson i am warming to him BUT he needs to improve when the ball goes past him, BUT he also needs time to be able to work with the other centre backs we have.

I do think Ralph was a player that screamed midfield and as soon as Clifford was fit, MM moved Ralph up the pitch. I like the way he sets his team up and some of the football we've played already is outstanding.

Early days, and i cant stop paying a tenner to ifollow to watch them and see what MM does with the team, its intriguing !

Good point.

In six games he's already played three positions (RB, RCB, LCB) and had four centre-back partners (John White, Richard Taylor, Harry Lennon and Tim Dieng).

The only one he's played with for more than 90 minutes is Richard Taylor - a 19 year old with 6 league appearances.

You could give us fans the benefit of the doubt every now and again.
Your post also infers that “we “have already started to turn against him. I see nothing to suggest that.

alternatively you could, as has been suggested numerous times say “ some fans” rather than tarnish us all with the same brush which is frankly tiresome and reduces the impact and value of such posts

I didn't just say fans, I said the 'fans'......Can you see the difference.

Plus I said by the end of October. We have 6 games from this Saturday until the 31st. So if we get 10+ points MM will be safe.....between 5 and 10 will divide opinion. Any less and those that hate Ron the most will also hate MM and every single player. They didn't post after a point at Crawley but they will be back in force if we lose on Saturday.

Really can't stand the bloke, talks the talk but there is no substance behind it. Hobson his first proper signing has been hopeless, Green wasn't much better. His tactical naivety was shown up again today, hopefully we will never see Hobson at RB again, and why didn't he bring on another defender or a DMC at the end to close the game out. You might get away with bit in non league but not at professional level. Anyone got a number for Fagan??

Really can't stand the bloke, talks the talk but there is no substance behind it. Hobson his first proper signing has been hopeless, Green wasn't much better. His tactical naivety was shown up again today, hopefully we will never see Hobson at RB again, and why didn't he bring on another defender or a DMC at the end to close the game out. You might get away with bit in non league but not at professional level. Anyone got a number for Fagan??

And to top it off he wandered off into the realm of ref bashing after tonight's game, MM the fact we didn't win was down to you

Really can’t tell if this is a wind up or not?

Can’t understand any criticism towards Molesley. He’s doing an incredibly tough job, under restricted conditions, whilst trying to change a losing mentality and right the wrongs of the club and it’s managers for the past years. Give the bloke a chance and give him some time and things will come good. His attitude and commitment is spot on and every player is buying in to it, evidenced by the performances and results over the last couple of league games.

Unlike you then, utter dribble.

If you can't see the improvements we've made especially since the opening day then there isn't much to discuss as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I grant you that the odd decision he has made can be questioned but to blame him for dropping points today, to claim Hobson has been hopeless is like you're post.. crap.

If you can't see the improvements we've made especially since the opening day then there isn't much to discuss as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I grant you that the odd decision he has made can be questioned but to blame him for dropping points today, to claim Hobson has been hopeless is like you're post.. crap.

Are you really getting excited over 2 draws?? Yes we have improved since the opening day but I would bloody hope so we lost 0-4 at home to a team playing it's First ever game in the football league. You might rate Hobson but sorry I think the fella is about as good a CB as Blair Sturrock was a CF

I absolutely agree, MisterStubbs. I find it extraordinary that people are putting the boot into MM when he is clearly turning things around in very difficult circumstances. As for talking the talk, I find it refreshing we have an articulate manager who is straight-forward and absolutely committed. In the recent past, we have had a succession of managers who were both poor communicators and unsuccessful in terms of results on the pitch.

Are you really getting excited over 2 draws?? Yes we have improved since the opening day but I would bloody hope so we lost 0-4 at home to a team playing it's First ever game in the football league. You might rate Hobson but sorry I think the fella is about as good a CB as Blair Sturrock was a CF

No, I’m not getting excited over two draws but the performances in both games have given me a lot to be optimistic about. In recent years and even this season when we’ve gone a goal behind we’ve tended to fall apart and go on to lose by two or three. Against Crawley we showed some fight and quality and got back in to the game. Today we played a team who many tip to challenge for promotion once again and we not only matched them, we deserved to take all three points. I grant you, MM is still learned on the job but he is learned fast (like abandoning the playing from the back at goal kicks to name one example). As much as you say we can’t get excited after x amount of games, I don’t see how after the same amount of games you can say that the bloke is useless. The fact of the matter is this, over the last two seasons this football club has had a losing mentality to it. We’ve simply been an embarrassment, a walk over for everyone. MM is changing that, slowly but change is happening. We are matching up against very good teams at this level, yes as you say it’s only two draws but last season these games would have been two defeats. Our first three points isn’t to far away, I’m sure of it.

I actually rated Blair Sturrock

Either you are very drunk or on some funny stuff. This is not the post of a sane person

Why would it be a wind up? Honestly the way some people on here talk about MM you would think he was the messiah, frankly it's embarrassing

Something on this thread is embarrassing right now, and I'm pretty sure it's not fans' positive views of MM so far.

Everything that you have posted this evening on this thread very simply suggests that you have not grasped how perilous a situation this club and team were/are in.

This is a long-term project. Get used to it.

Something on this thread is embarrassing right now, and I'm pretty sure it's not fans' positive views of MM so far.

Everything that you have posted this evening on this thread very simply suggests that you have not grasped how perilous a situation this club and team were/are in.

This is a long-term project. Get used to it.

You rate him, I don't. As you say get used to it

Back