• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

As others have mentioned MM has abandoned the use of short goal kicks and playing out from the back especially when the opposition keep two or three players in forward positions in and around our penalty area, which many teams do these days. Unfortunately their first goal on Saturday came from Oxleys poor clearance which the Exeter player quickly played forward as they had three players in fairly advanced positions which may not have been the case a couple of seasons ago when forwards would have funneled back towards the halfway line when the keeper was making the traditional long clearance.

Sorry I wasn't aware that having a differing opinion from the sheep who have put MM on a pedestal was attention seeking. My bad
Barely putting him a on a pedestal but come on mate your dislike for him is not warranted he's taken over one of the worst run football clubs around a 'sinking ship' Yes we did get battered and put on an awful show first game but have improved every game since then and this is his job to improve us.
What did you actually expect us to be challenging at the top with a team full of children, no money and a transfer embargo.

The changes of tactics regarding passing out from back at goal kicks etc to me shows he can see where something is going wrong and then make the change to improve, that shows quality the fact he can actually see where things aren't working and that will hold us in good stead going forward. Not everyone gets everything right first time round.

Sorry I wasn't aware that having a differing opinion from the sheep who have put MM on a pedestal was attention seeking. My bad

The guy is a few games into his first season at a club with no money, not many senior players and having spent last season losing every game.

We have got better game after game, confidence is slowly coming back. Molesley stays at B&L late every night checking stats, reviewing games etc etc to try and improve us.

Why have you got such a downer on him already?

I have to say, I am becoming concerned. Yes, we're a handful of games in, and yes he needs more time. But, I have to say that I'm not seeing anything cohesive on the pitch, I'm not seeing enormous amounts of effort from the players (again!). I just see 11 pushovers on the pitch being swept aside with very little effort each week.

Relegation. Absolutely nailed on.

Maybe Ron will look into his eyes.......

This really is as abject as Dick Bate and Steve Wignall.

If we don’t win the next two he needs his P45.

I don’t know what some of you expect. This ain’t FIFA. We can’t win a pre -season tournament and have £750k to spend on players whilst playing on professional difficulty and winning 3-0 each week.

We’ve been under an embargo from the minute that man walked into the club. We’ve had to sell our best striker in Humphrys and lost Hutchinson and Kelman. Add to that the fact that we have a losing mentality from the last few seasons and are relying on youngsters who have been thrown in at the deep end and are out of their depth at this moment in their career.

Sack Molesley and do what? Hire another ‘Sturrock type manager’? Who? How many managers have tried and failed? What’s the common denominator here?

Let’s sack yet another manager, give him a payoff with money we don’t have and start all over again with a manager who will still have a) a transfer embargo to contend with, b) a **** squad full of injury prone oldies and kids and c) a nobber of a chairmen. I just don’t know what people expect.

I don’t know what some of you expect. This ain’t FIFA. We can’t win a pre -season tournament and have £750k to spend on players whilst playing on professional difficulty and winning 3-0 each week.

We’ve been under an embargo from the minute that man walked into the club. We’ve had to sell our best striker in Humphrys and lost Hutchinson and Kelman. Add to that the fact that we have a losing mentality from the last few seasons and are relying on youngsters who have been thrown in at the deep end and are out of their depth at this moment in their career.

Sack Molesley and do what? Hire another ‘Sturrock type manager’? Who? How many managers have tried and failed? What’s the common denominator here?

Sol managed to start turning us around last season, in a higher division and though I thought we were improving, the last 2 games have worried me.

Plays a formation not tried before, says it wasn't down to that and then changes it again!!

Brings on a CB (and not a very good one) at left back, when we have a left back on the bench.

Sticks with Sterling when he clearly isn't good enough at the moment.

Sol managed to start turning us around last season, in a higher division and though I thought we were improving, the last 2 games have worried me.

Plays a formation not tried before, says it wasn't down to that and then changes it again!!

Brings on a CB (and not a very good one) at left back, when we have a left back on the bench.

Sticks with Sterling when he clearly isn't good enough at the moment.

Sol also alienated half the squad and thought COVID-19 was racist. He also had Macca, Mantom, Milligan, a fit John White, Barratt, Hutchinson, Kightly, Kelman and Humphrys. Yes some of them didn’t play or were injured, but look at the influence and experience around the dressing room.

We’re under an embargo. Do you think we’re an attractive club to join at the moment with the well documented trouble we had paying players last season?

It’s far too easy to blame a manager, but a bit of realism is seriously needed here.

After match interview was a bit worrying- every answer was “we are going to go away and analyse things” plus we were unlucky with our penalty shouts. This was not an unlucky defeat - I would much prefer to hear the manager admit he may have got a few things wrong - he and the players need to change their approach quickly if we are going to get out of this mess. I am still completely baffled as to why Taylor was preferred to Clifford as a replacement for Ralph.

Back