• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Molesley

Unlike here the Aldershot chairman will actually back him. It's a long term project to turn Aldershot around. There's a number of players who they would have to get rid to bring in.

Unlike here the Aldershot chairman will actually back him. It's a long term project to turn Aldershot around. There's a number of players who they would have to get rid to bring in.
Not so sure, the fans will get him sacked, as we probably would have done sooner had we been in the ground.

Look on the shots forum its like groundhog day
"His position is untenable"
"But how will we afford to sack him"
"Club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom"

This could easily be a shrimperzone thread

Not so sure, the fans will get him sacked, as we probably would have done sooner had we been in the ground.

Blimey, it’s like a horrible rewind to last season reading some of those comments

My particular favourite is-
“ It is embarrassing. It is like watching a p!$$ed up relative at a wedding making an absolute fool of themselves but no one stepping up and removing them from the dance floor. ”?

For us, however, I’m hoping we have turned a corner with the changes & appointments made recently & results will follow in the fullness of time to makes us safe this season.?

Poor old Molesley. You can’t take anything away from him tho, he’s a nice, decent bloke...

Last edited:
They’re getting dicked week in week out and have lost 10 on the trot at home. Oh… and they beat us at Roots Hall. We wonder when the lowest point will be. That will be the lowest point. Perleeeeeeze !!!!.

Ouch

Indeed.

Its interesting to me that a lot of the aldershot fans' gripes are down to their chairman not providing enough funding to attract players who demand higher wages.

Of the many many (and often rightly) negative things said about ron, nowone has ever said that about him. He may have robbed peter to pay paul all these years, but to his credit hes never lowballed the many managers on wages.

And seeing the shots fans wishing for an overhaul from the ground up makes me feel pretty excited that we have just done that.

Last edited:
It's very poor start for MM.... shots fans no doubt would of wanted more than just 1 win in 8/9 games! That win came against dover a team everyone beats. Looks to me the players have given up on MM. Can see MM losing his job soon if results don't start improving. Not the new manager bounce shots fans were looking for.

So reminiscent of us when he was here.

"Club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, worst I have seen in 54 years of watching the Shots.
Years of poor management and a complete lack of direction coming to an inevitable conclusion. Devastated to see what has happened to this Club over the past few years".

Suprise win for Aldershot today against high flying Grimsby, which probably means they'll have a point to prove on Friday and thrash us.

He has won a reprieve but over the course of the season if Alderhot keep him he might be our best bet for staying up. Grimsby clearly on a slide and what better way for them ro get back on track than to play our bunch of losers on Friday.

Yes. A few new signings and he seems to have made a difference. There’s a little mini league of 6 down there now. We need to step up in the not too distant future.

Two good victories on the bounce for MM. This is bad news for us as the Shots pull away up the table.

I genuinely worry where 'currently' we're going to be getting any points from. As it stands right now with the current crop of players, I think we're relegated. It's up to the club to now recruit right and get the right people in now. We've been promised a hell of a lot so hopefully we start seeing that actually happen.

Two good victories on the bounce for MM. This is bad news for us as the Shots pull away up the table.
It would be surprising if Aldersot finished near the bottom of the table as they have a very good manager. That’s something we don’t know if we have yet,but most definitely didn’t have earlier this season.
To accompany Dover downwards,we should be looking at (all part-timers ?):
Kings Lynn
Weymouth
Wealdstone
Barnet
Maidenhead .

Back