• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Oxley

Some people have never been willing to praise Ox no matter how brilliantly he performs.

That’s unproven of course because he’s never performed brilliantly.

Last night, apart from the penalty, the Os only had two shots on target.

It’s almost like a keepers performance is a little bit reliant on the quality of the 10 other players in from of him ?

Weird really I just thought a good keeper would just stop everything and not be susceptible to loss of confidence like outfield players ?‍♂️

I was never a big critic of Oxley, nor a massive fan, but I do think that we have actually got an upgrade in Arnold whether by accident or design.
Hardly going to be an upgrade,but Arnold’s .made an impressive start. Reports suggested he would be very good at this level but nobody should predict him making all the brilliant saves that Ox did. Also reports suggested the reason we were able to sign him might be because he’s a bit injury-prone...........

Arnold is more injury prone than oxley and that's saying something! Wouldn't call that an upgrade
He's had Covid and dislocated his finger. Have I missed anything out? I don't think that makes him injury prone. As for the Ox, his back kept him on the treatment table a fair bit.

Back