• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Muttley

Youth Team
I am really pleased that Philips put most of his bad luck behind him and had a solid season.
This season, Philips as lost the ball 3/4 times to an attacker when trying to beat them being last man.
To which, the one on ones with the keeper were missed every time.
I wonder if just 1 or 2 were scored, whether you would all still be singing his praises.
A very fine line between success and failure as a Player.
Good luck for next season Mark, a great professional

I don't think I've seen Phillips try take a man on once this season. Confused by this post.

I am really pleased that Philips put most of his bad luck behind him and had a solid season.
This season, Philips as lost the ball 3/4 times to an attacker when trying to beat them being last man.
I wonder if just 1 or 2 were scored, whether you would all still be singing his praises.

Not sure about the one on ones, but I agree that almost every game Phillips commits an absolute howler... and has always got away with it. Of course, if he hadn't have gotten away with it, he would go from hero to zero.

But then if Freddy and Timlins shots hadn't have hit the post last night we'd be at Wembley.

If and only. The 2 most useless words in the dictionary.

I think you're related to Luke Prosser.

I agree, if Phillips made more mistakes and cost us more he would be poorer than he is.

Id also add if he made less mistakes and played better he would be better than he is.

However if he plays at the same level constantly I dont think he will be better or worse.

Its a tricky one though.

I don't understand? - that applies to all players doesn't it?

Not sure about the one on ones, but I agree that almost every game Phillips commits an absolute howler... and has always got away with it. Of course, if he hadn't have gotten away with it, he would go from hero to zero.

But then if Freddy and Timlins shots hadn't have hit the post last night we'd be at Wembley.

If and only. The 2 most useless words in the dictionary.

Not if they'd gone wide!

Back