• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Record signing for Frome.

Mark made his name with Frome scoring 86 goals in just over 3 seasons before transferring to Nationwide Third Division side, Southend United on a free transfer. He made 5 starts for the Shrimpers and 8 substitute appearances. During that time he scored 1 goal which proved to be the winner against Leyton Orient. He was released after boss Rob Newman was sacked and joined Dr Martens Premier Division side, Bath City during the summer of 2003. After a miserable spell at Twerton Park, where he scored 2 goals from 11 appearances, he has now returned to lead the line at Frome for an undisclosed four figure fee and his signing is seen as a huge boost to the Club and becomes the Clubs record signing of all time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Dec. 02 2003,15:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ Dec. 02 2003,15:53)]Makes you wonder how much we wasted to sign him then??
Nothing he was a free transfer.
Hmmm. Don't forget the wages, the benefits, the free drinks Maher bought him...

From what I remember about his home debut albeit as a sub, he chased lost causes and won balls in the air. I think he may have been worth a month to month contract.

I liked Salts as a player - thought he had that great knack of being in the right place at the right time, an invaluable skill which it is awfully difficult to teach a striker.

Unusually, and controversially, Richard Coxell barely had a good word to say about him, which was most un-Richard.  Never did find out why...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 03 2003,16:43)]I liked Salts as a player - thought he had that great knack of being in the right place at the right time, an invaluable skill which it is awfully difficult to teach a striker.
Matt, thats no good if you can't hold up the ball and distribute into fresh air.
After all our centre forwards are not there to score goals!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ Dec. 03 2003,16:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 03 2003,16:43)]I liked Salts as a player - thought he had that great knack of being in the right place at the right time, an invaluable skill which it is awfully difficult to teach a striker.
Matt, thats no good if you can't hold up the ball and distribute into fresh air.
After all our centre forwards are not there to score goals!
*sighs ruefully*

wow.gif
wink.gif

Matt

I liked him as well. I remember the game against Torquay (when Wignall was unveiled) where he had a hand in all 3 goals. He looked a real prospect. I'd have definitely kept him on.

He might even have been able to read Drewe's flick on's. Bring back Salts!.
wink.gif

[b said:

Unusually, and controversially, Richard Coxell barely had a good word to say about him, which was most un-Richard.  Never did find out why...

rock.gif

Matt
I think Mr C was having a "love-in" with Barrington Belgrave at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Dec. 03 2003,17:28)]I liked him as well. I remember the game against Torquay (when Wignall was unveiled) where he had a hand in all 3 goals. He looked a real prospect. I'd have definitely kept him on.

He might even have been able to read Drewe's flick on's. Bring back Salts!.
wink.gif
Better than that he might have ensured Drewe stayed on the bench where he belongs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Dec. 03 2003,19:32)]
[b said:

rock.gif

Matt
I think Mr C was having a "love-in" with Barrington Belgrave at the time.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oi, Richard - NO!!!!!!

tounge.gif

Matt

Back