• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Warren

Bigdel

Coach
Back of Echo tonight shows Mark Warren concerned he hasn't been approached for a new contract,in light of Jay Smith being offered an extended year,once he has played 25 games,I wonder what deal they will offer Warren.

With Leo Roget up again for grabs after being released by R & Diamonds,I wonder if Tilly would offer favourable terms for him to return(A waste of god given talent in my opinion should have reached a higher playing platform than he has)

However Cort,Warren,Roget,Hunt would add spice to the centre half place.

Roll on Aug 14 th

I personally hope Mark Warren does get a new contract because i think he is very solid at the back and throws himself into challenges and for the cause! He brings stability to Corty and thats what Cort needs after a shkey start to the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ May 13 2004,21:41)]I personally hope Mark Warren does get a new contract because i think he is very solid at the back and throws himself into challenges and for the cause! He brings stability to Corty and thats what Cort needs after a shkey start to the season.
Agreed.

I like Warren as a player, whenever I've seen him, he's always played with passion and hunger, along with great skill at the back in tackling and stuff.

I hope we can hold on to him, as he also seems to be quite versatile, as I saw him play central midfield very well at Cheltenham this season, and has a seemingly good free kick on him as well!!

smile.gif

Chris

Can only agree with the positive responses about Wozza. It would be a great shame if we lost him. He adds the extra passion that grinds us out draws, and hangs onto wins for us.

I'll miss him if only for his 'Come on' when he comes out onto the pitch, if he doesn't get another contract.

i think he is beginning to earn more and more respect from us now and to lose him would be bad timing because I feel he would blossom with a full season at the back with corty.

What a blinder against Swansea at the Vetch! Off the bench.. Must keep him for that.. We only need 8 men!

Talking to the guy last night he was hopefull of a contract as he said he has enjoyed his year with the club . And I agree he help Leon when they play together .

i think the biggest indication so far that we need to keep hold of warren is cort signing and saying that they play really well together. its our first really good centre back partnership that i can think of for a while, add to that a good blossoming partnership with dudders and king konstance, then midfield pairing of smith and maher - well thats a pretty invincible centre of the park we've got there

I want Warren to stay but how many injury prone players do the club want to keep on? Smith looks set to stay, Pett's has signed and Jimmy and Leke's future's are also bleak. I know some of its just been unluckiness but i'm not to hopeful for Wozza ... lets hope i'm wrong though!

Kev

cool.gif

I'm all for M W staying ,i like his commitment and passion, and he is also experienced as well
I don't think the club could release Wazza on the back of being injury prone , cos i think he actually played around 36 games last season.

Another "Echo nicks SZ exclusive"!!! Most comments Wozza made were on here last week!

Come on Chris, use your imagination...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 14 2004,07:51)]Don't "welease Wozza".  
wink.gif
"Why do they titter, so?"
wink.gif

"Vewy well, I shall welease Wobinson!"

(This'll be lost on some of the uncultured lot on here...)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 14 2004,10:40)]
[b said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

Welease Wyan Wobinson? Weally?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 14 2004,09:40)]
[b said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

Welease Wodewic...

wink.gif

Matt

P.S. It also has one of the classiest lines ever on celluloid:

"He's not the Messaiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Magic.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 14 2004,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 14 2004,09:40)]
[b said:
wink.gif
wink.gif

Welease Wodewic...

wink.gif

Matt

P.S. It also has one of the classiest lines ever on celluloid:

"He's not the Messaiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Magic.

laugh.gif
It's my birthday in a couple of weeks, and guess what's the only thing on the present list
tounge.gif

"Who threw that".
"She did, she did" "He did, he did"
"There aren't any women here are there?"
Absolute classic
biggrin.gif

Sorry to object but my favourite is the Holy Grail

For the linguists amongst you, the French castle is absolutley classic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 14 2004,11:23)]By the way, OS, your missus put in a good effort the other night (no pun intended
wink.gif
).... she got through didn't she?
Put in a good effort where?
rock.gif

Back