• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Wright

Smith

Former youth team player signs for Crawley...

Attachments

• 4DB7266A-93E6-4BB6-86C5-94C9508445B8.jpeg
    4DB7266A-93E6-4BB6-86C5-94C9508445B8.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 50
I was hoping that this thread might be about when Big Roy got amongst his England CH namesake at the Hall against Derby in the League Cup in Sept. '87. The 22nd, if I recall correctly.

Yeah he was a pro with us. He name-drops us in his signing interview here, saying he had a pro deal with us as a teenager so he already knew Lee Bradbury (who is Crawley's assistant manager these days).

I know quite a few coaches scattered around non league clubs and this Ryan Gondoh is being mentioned a lot lately. Haven't seen him but he seems to be highly rated by a lot of these guys

Isn't the issue with being 23 that you still have to pay compensation but if he's then successful he'll be 24 and able to walk for free at the end of the deal?

Don't know anything about Gondoh but had a quick look at his wiki page and he was at Col Ewe as recently as a year ago. He also seems to move around an awful lot, which is something of a red flag.

Is on the bench today against Leeds, I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact the BBC cameras are there today.

At 34 he is so overated, I’ve seen him play a fair few times and also against him, must admit tho he has a good engine on him fitness wise for a good 45 mins, maybe that’s all they want from him anyway, his fitness should improve with full time training at Crawley as well.

I remember watching him in a friendly against Maldon when he was on trial. I wasn’t surprised he was offered a contract with us back then.

I remember watching him in a friendly against Maldon when he was on trial. I wasn’t surprised he was offered a contract with us back then.

.....and I saw him play left back for us at Billericay.

Good performance from him that day (only played the first half being a pre season friendly) and he looked like a quality player.

I never saw him play again although he had a few subsequent reserve team run-outs for us after that. I remembered him not because of TOWIE but because he shared his name with the Oxford, Southampton and England player of the same name.

IF he’s fit he should do OK at Crawley but that’s a pretty big IF at his age.

Made a suprise start against Harrogate yesterday, although was subbed off at half time with his side 3-0 down.

Made a suprise start against Harrogate yesterday, although was subbed off at half time with his side 3-0 down.
Always going to take some stick because of Towie etc, but i've seen him play a few times and without a doubt better than his brother!

Back