• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marmite - Yummy or Scummy? You decide.

Bielzibubz

President
After reading the hijacking of the 'No more blah blah blah jokes' thread it got me thinking.

Where do you sit on the whole Marmite issue. Is it the best thing since Farley's Rusks or the Devils spread that should be avoided at every turn?

For all those that like me love the stuff you should try these two ways of eating it.
1. On toast but place it under the grill to fuse the butter and Marmite together until slightly burnt. Truly yummy believe me.

2. Marmite and Jam, preferably Raspberry. Sounds awful I know but the fusion of sweet and savoury flavours is again yummy.

Discuss......

Haven't done the marmite/jam fusion, but I like a bit of marmite, thinly spread on a bit of hot buttered toast.

Also, Marmite & cheese on toast...yum!

After reading the hijacking of the 'No more blah blah blah jokes' thread it got me thinking.

Where do you sit on the whole Marmite issue. Is it the best thing since Farley's Rusks or the Devils spread that should be avoided at every turn?

For all those that like me love the stuff you should try these two ways of eating it.
1. On toast but place it under the grill to fuse the butter and Marmite together until slightly burnt. Truly yummy believe me.

2. Marmite and Jam, preferably Raspberry. Sounds awful I know but the fusion of sweet and savoury flavours is again yummy.

Discuss......

Love marmite on toast but dont fancy the raspberry jam bit

Love love love marmite..If shrimpfan doesn't, I am going to have a paddy and throw my toys out of the pram ;)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches are yummy, as is a knife full of Marmite straight in my mouth!!

Mmmmmmmmmmarmite!

We've discussed this on here before in various places and I made my recommendations then - if you're having scrambled or poached eggs or even a dippy egg and soldiers, always but always put a layer of marmite on your toast and then see how it improves things - especially if you like a bit of brown sauce on top of your scrambled as well! Also great with beans or spaghetti on toast, and very interesting with peanut butter and cheese in a sarnie, and a must if you're making a casserole to enrich the gravy.

Love the stuff!

marmite for me please..in fact, my wife calls me marmite....cos either people love me or hate me..no in-between.

I love marmite, but (believe it or not) i've now developed an allergy to it. The last two times I have had it my mouth has swelled up, and my throat has too. Thankfully not to an extent that I can't breathe. It just feels like I have something stuck at the back of my throat so I keep swallowing to remove it.

Thankfully it only seems to last about an hour and then I'm back to normal.

I love marmite, but (believe it or not) i've now developed an allergy to it. The last two times I have had it my mouth has swelled up, and my throat has too. Thankfully not to an extent that I can't breathe. It just feels like I have something stuck at the back of my throat so I keep swallowing to remove it.

Thankfully it only seems to last about an hour and then I'm back to normal.

Does it stop you talk? if so, Good news ;) let's have a whip round and buy TB a case of it lol

I'm loving the Marmite love here.

A girl I work with eats Marmite & Banana sarnies for lunch. I draw the line there....

Back