• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marriage Proposals

Numphgirl

Snow White
Hi folks,

I was thinking yesterday about Marriage proposals and it got me wondering, how did other's on the Zone go about proposing to their wife/husband/partner or how do you plan to propose to your "to be"

Mr AS had always wanted to propose to me at Southend Football Ground, half time on the pitch, however after speaking to a number of his female friends he decided against it - thought I might say No !!

So he proposed to me at La Gavoche in London after emailing and speaking to Michel Roux for a number of months setting the whole thing up. It was absolutely beautiful and yes, I cried. Dave had picked my ring and it was gorgeous. I was gobsmacked when Michel came out to speak to us for ages in the restaurant and he let me know that he and Dave had been in contact for months. The next day we flew out to Rome for 5 days and it was a great start to our life together.

So folks... whats your story ??

Hi folks,

I was thinking yesterday about Marriage proposals and it got me wondering, how did other's on the Zone go about proposing to their wife/husband/partner or how do you plan to propose to your "to be"

Mr AS had always wanted to propose to me at Southend Football Ground, half time on the pitch, however after speaking to a number of his female friends he decided against it - thought I might say No !!

So he proposed to me at La Gavoche in London after emailing and speaking to Michel Roux for a number of months setting the whole thing up. It was absolutely beautiful and yes, I cried. Dave had picked my ring and it was gorgeous. I was gobsmacked when Michel came out to speak to us for ages in the restaurant and he let me know that he and Dave had been in contact for months. The next day we flew out to Rome for 5 days and it was a great start to our life together.

She told me I had knocked her up and her Dad told me if I didn't do the decent thing he would chop my boll0cks off. It was just as beautiful, but in a different kind of way......

Hi folks,

That has shattered my hard man image now........B&S will now think that he can take me!!!

:whistling:

Hey.......i know it is not tough and cool to admit on here but you and me are a right pair of romantics and you know it mate!

:cool:

Oh yeah mate, not ashamed to admit it either. If and when the big question comes around for Mrs MK then I'll be hard pushed to match you, you big ol' softy!

Hey.......i know it is not tough and cool to admit on here but you and me are a right pair of romantics and you know it mate!

I would have been much happier for my proposal to be like yours Dave, and you are to be congratulated for your efforts. Just not the hand that life dealt me I guess.

Hi folks,

Mines a blur as it was a long time ago (honestly it was either 98 or 99 can't remember!). Did it in Green Park, booked nice hotel, meal, show in West End. Had loads of flowers, champers etc. Shocked her as we'd been together 4 years but never talked about it. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, planning the wedding etc is next but it all insignificant cos when kids arrive it all goes ****!

I was in Paris this weekend and I actually saw a young woman propose to her boyfriend. At the top of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. Quite romantic, even if not original, but it was quite unusual to see a woman propose rather than a guy, even in the 21st century. Even more funny to hear his response though - "You know, I've been trying to find a ring forever so I could propose to you". One of the funniest excuses I've ever heard - especially given the moment.

Personally, I know exactly where I'll propose and the scene. I'm pretty weird though, as I've always had this setting in my mind since I was about 12 !

Hi folks,

Victory Sports ground southend, and yes thats 100% for real! oh and yes she cried, the lucky bugger !

I was in Paris this weekend and I actually saw a young woman propose to her boyfriend. At the top of the Eiffel Tower at sunset. Quite romantic, even if not original, but it was quite unusual to see a woman propose rather than a guy, even in the 21st century. Even more funny to hear his response though - "You know, I've been trying to find a ring forever so I could propose to you". One of the funniest excuses I've ever heard - especially given the moment.

Personally, I know exactly where I'll propose and the scene. I'm pretty weird though, as I've always had this setting in my mind since I was about 12 !

Travelodge?

Mate, tbh I would love to. I can barely afford food at the moment, let alone a ring however. I may try a bit of wheeling and dealing - see what I can come up with

It does not have to be a really expensive rock the size of a football mate......it is all about the gesture.

At the very top of Arthur's Seat, overlooking Edinburgh. We were up there that weekend for MtS's big day.

I don't think she was hugely impressed by my "let's got for a walk up that big hill" idea, but she practically skipped her way down. All good.

1122a.jpg

Back