• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marriage

How old were you when you first got married?

• Total voters

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
How old were you when you first got married?

Expensive? What would you change (inc. partner)?

Met Mrs MK in 2008, married in 2010, baby in 2011.

Fairly expensive (I reckon about 8K including honeymoon) which we're still paying off for the next 20 years :stunned:

The only thing I would change was;

1) Some stupid ceiling canopies that covered f-all that I paid £500 for.
2) Wedding cake that was SUPPOSED to have Star Wars figures on but the silly cow forgot.

Great day, made all the better by having a super DJ spinning the tunes :thumbsup: - Hire Davros, he's just great.

28 when married 1st time, full works, 100 people sitting down in the former de Havilland Suite at the Airport Hotel. Was expensive but we'd saved hard for it. 2nd time was only last October, full works again at Three Rivers - still paying it off truth be told!

Got married December last year at the age of 26.

Wedding cost around £15k.

I would change the fact we had kids first, wish we had of got married then had kids.

30. It'll be our 4th anniversary in July. We couldn't afford a big wedding at the time so we just had register office and a meal with a small group of friends & family. I wouldn't change a thing. We're planning on a having the reception we never had for our 5th anniversary.

Got married at 28, the missus was 23. We don't do pomp and ceremony so we got hitched at Brighton registry office with just a dozen of our closest friends/family there. We all went for an Italian afterwards which my father-in-law paid for (along with a night at the Grand Hotel) so it didn't cost us anything. Everyone gave us money instead of presents and that paid for the honeymoon, so we arrived home 10 days later debt free. Wouldn't change a thing - we're still together 13 years later, happier than ever, and with 2 children.

Was 24, she knew she had to snag me early, due to the queue of chicks beating down my door. Been together 10 years, married 8; and in fairness she's a damn fine lady.

Never found out the cost of the Wedding, both our sets of parents wrote the cheques.

Would have liked to have had more than two kids, but with Mrs DBP being 8 years older than me, it started getting a bit risky. Note to all young men on here, the snip is to be avoided at ALL costs.

Got married age 28 which was five years ago. Reckon we spent £6k not including the ring. Personally think too many people go wild on the wedding and then cant afford a deposit for as house. Would not change a single thing but was only thiking the other day would have a few different / extra people on my stag these days.

Was 24, she knew she had to snag me early, due to the queue of chicks beating down my door. Been together 10 years, married 8; and in fairness she's a damn fine lady.

Never found out the cost of the Wedding, both our sets of parents wrote the cheques.

Would have liked to have had more than two kids, but with Mrs DBP being 8 years older than me, it started getting a bit risky. Note to all young men on here, the snip is to be avoided at ALL costs.

Funny as I had the snip two years ago and I really recommend it.

Married first time at 25, wedding cost about £40 at the registry office, plus a meal for six, after that a short break in the Malvern Hills. Might seem tight by todays standards, but it was what we both wanted, three months later we had the deposit for a house.

Second marriage on my 40th birthday, second time round is so much better, you want you want out of a mariage, or more important you know what you DON'T want out of it.

Getting married next Feb a month before my 30th. Turning into a big affair (precedent with brides bro and sis) which will prob cost in the region on 25k. Church in Upminster followed by Stockbrook.

Married at 32.

Personally not fussed about marriage, happy to just live in sin myself but were about to start trying for kids and missus wanted to be married when they came along. Therefore we did it as cheap as possible, her family knew a vicar so got the church etc for free and we just did it as economical as possible. We did however spend a lot on the honeymoon and went to St Lucia.

I got married two years ago at the Lawn. Cost about £15k. That went up quickly on the day due to my "friends" smashing the wine/champers over dinner & over indulging on the welcome beers & cocktails!...the barstewards.

30 years old.

Wouldn't change a thing about the day. Was perfect.

Married at 17 and at 22, divorced at 18 and 2nd one in progress.

I heard the saying 'love is grand, divorce is 50 grand' - think they missed a zero off of it :-(

Back