• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin Jol

A couple of Brothers i grew up with, have been right on absolutely everything spurs related they have ever mentioned. I don't personally believe them but as i said they have a great track reocrd and there was no harm in asking for the odds and put a small amount of money on it once i heard them. I keep telling myself it's **** but i saw him there today and it made me think.
gilbert_diddy.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't be the worst shout in the world. He wanted the Ajax job but thats been taken and presumably cant work in The Premiership anymore due to arrangements in severance packages.

Still... Wholeheartedly unbelievable...

I made a joke to my friend and said look its Martin Jol I recognise that chin anywhere he believed me!! I didn't actually realise it was him till everyone around me started talking about it LOL!!!!

Why though? I cant see Martin Jol wanting to watch a football match and saying "oh, im well up for watching that Southend v Carlisle game today!"

Why not? He's obviously a football man, he lives in Essex, he's at a loose end on a saturday afternoon. If he'd gone to a Premiership game it would have been whipped up into some sort of media frenzy.

I think Jol was just bored and was just waiting for his £4.8 million cheque to clear so he popped down here for some nice fresh sea air.

Why not? He's obviously a football man, he lives in Essex, he's at a loose end on a saturday afternoon. If he'd gone to a Premiership game it would have been whipped up into some sort of media frenzy.

Where as he turns up at roots hall and it is only the fans minds that start running away at a million miles an hour.

Jol is joining southend as tilson is off to norwich. and im coming back as coaching staff. cant wait.

Dont he play for Blackpool?

Might have been out with his mate Robbie Williams of the same team. Had to laugh when they both scored in the same game.

They just showed him on SSN! They also said when he was questioned as for his reasons for being there was.... Just to enjoy a game of football!

Why choose us though??

Back