• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin just go now please!!!

shrimperton

Manager
What the hell has this man done to our club, im amazed that such a talented manager such as Tilly is still here.

We are now January 26th and no sign of any new players, only a player Soton offloaded as part of the Barney deal and a player who would rather play for league 1 reserves than here, judging by the comment he is on a league 1 clubs books.

Ron Martin is killing this in a slow chokehold, where has all the money gone, money must have been available cos we didnt pay a tax bill for nearly 3 years. Every asset this club held Ron has sold.

Ron is full of BS and fluffy stories about how great we can be, how much longer are people gonna buy this crap!

Last edited:
What the hell has this man done to our club, im amazed that such a talented manager such as Tilly is still here.

We are now January 26th and no sign of any new players, only a player Soton offloaded as part of the Barney deal and a player who would rather play for league 1 reserves than here, judging by the comment he is on a league 1 clubs books.

Ron Martin is killing this in a slow chokehold, where has all the money gone, money must have been available cos we didnt pay a tax bill for nearly 3 years.

Ron is full of BS and fluffy stories about how great we can be, how much longer are people gonna buy this crap!
think you answer your own question mate - a talented manager like tilson is still here because maybe he is not that talented must be over a 100 better jobs come up better than his current job and he is still here i wonder why???

think you answer your own question mate - a talented manager like tilson is still here because maybe he is not that talented must be over a 100 better jobs come up better than his current job and he is still here i wonder why???

100 better jobs? Are you serious?

The reason he is still here is because he is loyal, and wants to take this Club to the new stadium. Also, he is a fan of the Club as well, although supported Leeds as a boy, and is an ex-player.

Other Clubs have come in for him, like Norwich and Brighton, and he is still here because he wants to be here.

Ron Martin is killing this in a slow chokehold, where has all the money gone, money must have been available cos we didnt pay a tax bill for nearly 3 years. Every asset this club held Ron has sold.

Yes Ron Martin out. Thank God we have Geoff King to step in, maybe we can get Barry Fry instead or bring Hitler back to life. Some people on here have the memory span of a goldfish and just want to blame whoever. Ron Martin saved this club from the crap we were in and is now preparing us for the future. No new players? Technically we have made 4 signings (Spencer, Paterson, M'voto back on loan and Malone back on loan). What assets did we have when Ron took over? Not much and now we have youth facilities that are churning out potential stars. Name me another club that doesn't have money problems. Go on, you can't? really?

its a big pile of brown stuff at the mo, I WANT to believe that this is the rough patch before FF dream is realised, but my problem at the mo is that there is simply no hard evidence that there is a light at the tunnell, I know that many many clubs are up the creek at the mo and we are no different

Yes Ron Martin out. Thank God we have Geoff King to step in, maybe we can get Barry Fry instead or bring Hitler back to life. Some people on here have the memory span of a goldfish and just want to blame whoever. Ron Martin saved this club from the crap we were in and is now preparing us for the future. No new players? Technically we have made 4 signings (Spencer, Paterson, M'voto back on loan and Malone back on loan). What assets did we have when Ron took over? Not much and now we have youth facilities that are churning out potential stars. Name me another club that doesn't have money problems. Go on, you can't? really?

Shrewsbury

also its a sticky situation with RM and his companies having laid out millions on the planning/costs of the stadium and wanting/needing a return on this money, anyone who wants to tke over would have to stump up millions to cover this return on monies already laid out and then pay millions for the potential profits of this massive property development scheme (albeit floundering) Ron and co stand to make a lot of money in the long term and they wont let that go, they just have the pain of a football club attatched to the deal.

RM OUT!! DISGUSTINGLY WEALTHY SAUDI PRINCE IN!!

Just have to find one of those now, it can't be that hard can it? I mean, it's not as if a far more viable club went bust today because its current owner couldn't find a buyer, is it...

Yep Colchester are another one. Their crowd tonight v MK Dons 3,601!

Exactly. People chirp about how good Colchester have it, but if their wealthy backer suddenly pulls out, and decides that he can't keep punping money into the club without getting any return, then they are up **** creek. The only assets that club has is its playing staff.

We were so wealthy before he came, cant believe we are now a cash strapped league one club.

I read an article last week that stated there are now just 3 clubs in England who are debt free, Scunthorpe is the only one I can remember. We are in a majority here not a minority!

I read an article last week that stated there are now just 3 clubs in England who are debt free, Scunthorpe is the only one I can remember. We are in a majority here not a minority!

This is just crazy, as the mercenaries pour in from abroad, the home grown talent gets pushed down the leagues, and the players get richer and the clubs get poorer. The people running football are absolute bonkers and not fit to run it.

Portsmouth V Arsenal the other week made me very sad for our beautiful game, not One English player on the pitch.

Last edited:
Back