• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Having not been able to travel to Accrington yesterday, I thought I would go to watch my local team East Thurrock in action against AFC Hornchurch.

Whilst walking round the ground later I noticed a familiar face in the Hornchurch dug out, Martin Ling. Never saw anything about him being back in football reported in any of the media and spoke to a Hornchurch fan about him and he said that Martin had joined the Urchins as a coach just a couple of weeks ago.

Really glad that he is back and involved again after his well documented problems at Torquay. Good luck to him.

Genuinely nice bloke. Massive shame about what happened at Torquay; he was doing a good job there after getting shafted at Cambridge.

Thats a good job to get, surprised he managed it to be honest. Good to see his health issues didnt get in the way.

Really pleased for the guy and congrats to Swindon for seeing beyond his past issues. I hope he does well. :clap:

Good Luck Martin , thats three explayers managing league clubs , I think .

Good Luck Martin , thats three explayers managing league clubs , I think .

Think it's at least 7

Powell - Huddersfield
Ling - Swindon
Edinburgh - Gillingham
Freedman - Forest
Harris - Millwall
Ramsey - QPR
Martin Allen - Barnet

Thats a good job to get, surprised he managed it to be honest. Good to see his health issues didnt get in the way.

I think it shows how far we've come. With the issues Ling has had, he wouldn't have been able to get another job (say) ten years ago.

Indeed, if anything the thing that counted against him more was being Orient manager :smile:

Love the fella. Our winger Ling as my Dad used to say.

Yes - always a good player. Fabulous header against Wolves when he rose "like a salmon" to win the game in front of a very large crowd (well, that's how I remember it).

Good luck to him although I think the "Swindon model" (which I understand is to use loads and loads of loan players) is not a route that will bring long term success to the club.

Lingy is a really top bloke.

Played in my charity game back in May, and met him again before the Barnsley game.

Was doing some scouting for Walsall earlier in the season as well.

Powell - Huddersfield
Ling - Swindon
Edinburgh - Gillingham
Freedman - Forest
Harris - Millwall
Ramsey - QPR
Martin Allen - Barnet

And then there were five.

I think if Forest don't win their next game Freedman will be crossed off that list too!

Back