• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin Peters

RIP Martin Peters MBE, one of the great 1966 World Cup Winning Team members

16 of Martin Peters’ 20 England goals, scored against:

West Germany (July 1966)
Soviet Union (December 1967)
Scotland (February 1968)
Spain (May 1968)
Sweden (May 1968)
Northern Ireland (May 1969)
Scotland (two goals, May 1969)
Northern Ireland (April 1970)
Colombia (two goals, May 1970)
West Germany (June 1970)
East Germany (November 1970)
Malta (February 1971)
Scotland (May 1971)
Scotland (May 1973).

and relive him scoring in that fantastic final

Great memories, thanks Martin.

I saw him play many times, the ghost was an amazing player, fantastic header of the ball. I saw him at Hylands Park a couple of years ago with his dementia it brought a tear to my eye. RIP Martin a truly great player.

1966, Martin Peters slotting in our second goal against the W Germs and me and my dad going berserk in the belief that that was the winner, great memories. And then when he signed for Spurs the look of pure joy on my old man's face (Spurs S/T). Fabulous footballer and a gentleman, a great loss to his family and to football. RIP Martin.

1966, Martin Peters slotting in our second goal against the W Germs and me and my dad going berserk in the belief that that was the winner, great memories. And then when he signed for Spurs the look of pure joy on my old man's face (Spurs S/T). Fabulous footballer and a gentleman, a great loss to his family and to football. RIP Martin.
Sadly the days of players only playing for a couple of clubs and managers staying for years are over , loyalty is now not a word that is rarely used in football. Watched the World Cup 66 with my dad (RIP) same as you and your dad, remember crying when Germany equalised to make it 2-2. As in previous posts Martin Peters a real England football hero RIP

Back