• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some fans on here were calling for Brown to go only a few weeks ago but here we are in 5th place and a very good chance of going up.
yes things are not perfect and three 0-0 draws at home on the trot are not ideal and the defeat to Chester was very disappointing but for the resources we have we are doing okay and keeping with Brown was the right decision. He may not be a great manager(which is why he is managing in League 2) but is just about as good as you can get for this level. As we have seen in the past with the likes of Bate, Martin and Wignall there are far worse managers out there.

there were very few people asking for Brown to be sacked, however the ones that were were basing it on what he has done to date . Playing 442 and winning two games on the trot is great, but it really should not influence people int the same way as loosing two on the trot and not scoring should not on its own be a reason for concern.

Brown has done a lot of good and bad things this season . I would prefer to wait until the end of season, or god forbid until its clear we will not be in the top 7 before making a final judgement

there were very few people asking for Brown to be sacked, however the ones that were were basing it on what he has done to date . Playing 442 and winning two games on the trot is great, but it really should not influence people int the same way as loosing two on the trot and not scoring should not on its own be a reason for concern.

Brown has done a lot of good and bad things this season . I would prefer to wait until the end of season, or god forbid until its clear we will not be in the top 7 before making a final judgement

Tend to agree,

2 wins against struggling teams was in reality what one would expect for any promotion chasing team,home form and form against the better sides must improve ten fold .

Phil Imo has flattered to deceive .

Tend to agree,

2 wins against struggling teams was in reality what one would expect for any promotion chasing team,home form and form against the better sides must improve ten fold .

Phil Imo has flattered to deceive .

From 13 games at home we have won 5 drawn 6 andlost 2, yes improvement is needed on that but “must improve ten fold” is a bitstrong and sensationalist.

As for Phil flattering to deceive, I don’tthink he has. I’d say, going from posts on here, that a lot of supporters see alot of shortcomings despite our position in the league. I believe any successhe may have will be met with begrudging praise and an opinion that he is justdoing what is expected.

From 13 games at home we have won 5 drawn 6 andlost 2, yes improvement is needed on that but “must improve ten fold” is a bitstrong and sensationalist.

As for Phil flattering to deceive, I don’tthink he has. I’d say, going from posts on here, that a lot of supporters see alot of shortcomings despite our position in the league. I believe any successhe may have will be met with begrudging praise and an opinion that he is justdoing what is expected.

We have played 12 games against the current top 12 ,winning just 2 whilst scoring only 6 goals and collecting only 10 points from 36 available.

We have played 12 games against the current top 12 ,winning just 2 whilst scoring only 6 goals and collecting only 10 points from 36 available.

Didn't see the part about top teams, was that there before or did you edit it? I'm pretty sure there is a message at the bottom of the post if it's edited so i'm guessing I missed it! Apologies.

Still to improve on 10 points ten-fold is impossible when 36 is all that is available :winking: (yes i'm being a pedant)

Every season there will be some sort of short fall. In the past we have moaned that we also lose to teams near the bottom, yet it is rarely/never mentioned that we have won 11 from 15 against teams in the bottom half and drawn the other 4 scoring 23 goals in the process. 37 points from a possible 45 isn't bad.

Wonder if Chelsea fans are moaning that they haven't beaten anyone in the top 4 this season.

Some people will only be happy with a 100% record. Yep, some performances have been dire, but we are difficult to beat. I would rather be moaning that we are just outside the automatics than looking at other teams in our division that would glad swap with our "short comings"

Again, like I said earlier in the season. I will forgo entertainment this season to get results that see us promoted. But if others would rather see goals goals goals, so beit. Suppose I'm just being petty.

Some people will only be happy with a 100% record. Yep, some performances have been dire, but we are difficult to beat. I would rather be moaning that we are just outside the automatics than looking at other teams in our division that would glad swap with our "short comings"

Again, like I said earlier in the season. I will forgo entertainment this season to get results that see us promoted. But if others would rather see goals goals goals, so beit. Suppose I'm just being petty.

Fair play to you for admitting you are indeed petty:winking:

In all seriousness - for all his detractors - I like the fact that Martin has never been a trigger happy chairman. People bemoan what he has done to our club, but he does give managers time and support wherever possible. Apart from the season of no money as well, I'd say that most managers I believe have enjoyed a decent working relationship with Ron. For all the problems we have suffered, we ironically have enjoyed more continuity and stability than most.

We do live in a trigger happy society and a comment of a manager have a short shelf life was made on this thread , but that sadly is an problem of modern football, it never used to be the case. For example and yes I appreciate that the times are hugely different, but if Fergie started his man Utd stewardship in today's era like he did back in 87 (or 86 I can't recall which) he would never have survived !

Back