• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Ok the result was shocking but apart from a crazy 10 minute spell we were far + away the best team last night. Phil Brown by picking that team showed that the cups arent our priority this season by giving the rusty fringe players a game. Timlin was really terrible for the 1st 70 minutes but by the end he was getting back to his old self again buzzing around. Smith's 1st run out all season wasnt happy + the crowd certainly dont help, 2 goals were his fault but the rustiness showed. Woodrow showed what a cracking player he is + should start , alongside another striker rather than effectively up on his own. Reid was rusty but ran his socks off but was given woeful service + i'd like to see Reid + Woodrow up top together.

So last night we didnt get the rub of the green but we still played well enough with half a team missing .... IT WAS EFFECTIVELY A RESERVE MATCH !!!!!!

Think back to saturday we absolutely smashed Oxford away , kept a clean sheet + created a dozen good chances.... Forget last night + for once lets try to be glass half full not half empty ....

WE ARE UNBEATEN IN 3 LEAGUE MATCHES !!!!! UTB :thumbsup:

Ok the result was shocking but apart from a crazy 10 minute spell we were far + away the best team last night. Phil Brown by picking that team showed that the cups arent our priority this season by giving the rusty fringe players a game. Timlin was really terrible for the 1st 70 minutes but by the end he was getting back to his old self again buzzing around. Smith's 1st run out all season wasnt happy + the crowd certainly dont help, 2 goals were his fault but the rustiness showed. Woodrow showed what a cracking player he is + should start , alongside another striker rather than effectively up on his own. Reid was rusty but ran his socks off but was given woeful service + i'd like to see Reid + Woodrow up top together.

So last night we didnt get the rub of the green but we still played well enough with half a team missing .... IT WAS EFFECTIVELY A RESERVE MATCH !!!!!!

Think back to saturday we absolutely smashed Oxford away , kept a clean sheet + created a dozen good chances.... Forget last night + for once lets try to be glass half full not half empty ....

WE ARE UNBEATEN IN 3 LEAGUE MATCHES !!!!! UTB :thumbsup:

Danburyshrimper......with respects to you, will you please stop being positive on this forum, you know its not allowed and you will get slagged off for doing it, joking aside you are spot on with your comments, both sides made changes and Daggers won the CUP game.....if it was a league game I would be more upset but it wasn't, so I will reserve any bad comments until around end of November/December and see the position then, I can undrstand peoples frustration and anger and they have an opinion on the game/players and Manager and of course the Chairman, lets hope it was just a blimp albeit a bad one and we can get back to winning ways at Burton......keep the faith remember thick and thin and most of us have seen some dross over the years at Roots Hall.

We have a very young team and will be subject to abhorrations like this from time to time, that's what inexperience can do. There may have been an overreaction but on the whole, despite being crap for the majority of our recent history, it is actually quite unusually to see us get smashed. That it was at home to our supposed inferior neighbours was bound to grate.

We was s***, end of! The tactics were wrong from the start, playing one ****** up front on his own AT HOME!!!!! As someone in the car park eloquently put it, who the **** does Brown think we are, Barcelona???? Taking him off at HT just showed that. Smith just showed why Bentley has no worries about his place. Straker couldn't pass wind! As for the ludicrous substitution of BBBC on for Prosser with 2 minutes to go at 5-2 down, what was that about? Win bonuses???

This crap about we was better than them is preposterous, they scored 5 and we didn't!

We have a very young team and will be subject to abhorrations like this from time to time, that's what inexperience can do. .

Our worst four players on the night (Smith, Reid, Prosser and Straker) have played over 730 League games between them.

Our best three players on the night (Coker, Woodrow and Payne) have played 60 between them.

Next excuse please.

Indeed - with no reserve team and a small squad, Brown rightly used last night to rest some 1st choice players (Bentley, Leonard, Atkinson, Corr, Eastwood) and blood some who have not got much competitive game time recently (Smith, Timlin, Payne, Reid).

The JPT ruined our league season last year, and my guess is with a smaller squad we could do without a prolonged run in it this year. Only disappointment is we didn't bow out losing 9-8 on penalties!

If we lose 5-2 at home to Daggers in the league in 2 weeks time then I'll be a bit more concerned, but last night I can be a little more relaxed about as we didn't play too badly in parts.

We was s***, end of! The tactics were wrong from the start, playing one ****** up front on his own AT HOME!!!!! As someone in the car park eloquently put it, who the **** does Brown think we are, Barcelona???? Taking him off at HT just showed that. Smith just showed why Bentley has no worries about his place. Straker couldn't pass wind! As for the ludicrous substitution of BBBC on for Prosser with 2 minutes to go at 5-2 down, what was that about? Win bonuses???

This crap about we was better than them is preposterous, they scored 5 and we didn't!

I'm guessing by your comments you werent the brightest in your class ,, but surely even you could see that Reid gave a fully 100% committed performance , yet the service in that 1st half was woeful + he had no support within 30 yards of him, surrounded by 4 big defenders kicking him black + blue. We could have had Suarez or Van Persie in Reids shoes last night + got exactly the same end product. I felt genuinely sorry for him to chase lost causes for 45 minutes + then getting the hook. In my opinion he deserves another chance, preferably alongside Woodrow or Corr.

You really are an obnoxious tosser

Ok, apart from your highlighted disagreement, was anything else i said objectionable???

They are professional players, also you harp on yet your just as bad. fatso happens to be pal, where has he abused you??
Calling a player a ****** is not acceptable, it's obnoxious behaviour regardless of whether you think he played crap or doubt his ability the guy is clearly not a "******" and does not deserve such abuse on a public forum. Whilst fatso is typing abuse and giving large as a keyboard warrior the player is living the dream, he's a pro footballer, hardly a ******, now whether he is good enough to stay in the game is debatable and a matter of opinion but if you call someone a ****** on a public forum expect some stick back

Ok, apart from your highlighted disagreement, was anything else i said objectionable???
As for the rest of your post it's your opinion and perfectly acceptable to air it but you over stepped the mark as did TB last night

Calling a player a ****** is not acceptable, it's obnoxious behaviour regardless of whether you think he played crap or doubt his ability the guy is clearly not a "******" and does not deserve such abuse on a public forum. Whilst fatso is typing abuse and giving large as a keyboard warrior the player is living the dream, he's a pro footballer, hardly a ******, now whether he is good enough to stay in the game is debatable and a matter of opinion but if you call someone a ****** on a public forum expect some stick back

Just the same if you call somebody a tosser

Keyboard Warrior?? I think most people who know me will know i am far from that!!:smile:

Back