• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tallboyblue

First XI ⭐
With a gate of 7000 including season card holders how much do we think that generated in cash? Say 4000 paying at the gate £15 per head on average plus corporate . Could be £80000 ?

Its best not to consider it. Rough ideas of income are a bedfellow to spurious claims. As soon as we sell a player or get a good crowd someone pops out the calculator to see what the club made. Without any clue whatsoever of the net profit from any deal/transaction or the overheads of the club then even if we knew every income figure we would still know nothing.

Its just nice we had a good crowd and the team played well. Yesterday was just a good day!

Its best not to consider it. Rough ideas of income are a bedfellow to spurious claims. As soon as we sell a player or get a good crowd someone pops out the calculator to see what the club made. Without any clue whatsoever of the net profit from any deal/transaction or the overheads of the club then even if we knew every income figure we would still know nothing.

Its just nice we had a good crowd and the team played well. Yesterday was just a good day!

Yes but regular decent crowds can only be a good thing money wise

With a gate of 7000 including season card holders how much do we think that generated in cash? Say 4000 paying at the gate £15 per head on average plus corporate . Could be £80000 ?

I read on the match thread that there were loads of giveaways to local clubs. That needs to be taken into consideration.

I doubt very much that the average was as high as £15 per head.

OAPs, young adults, juniors, kids, families all pay reduced prices. Complementaries don't pay anything and there were apparently a lot of sports clubs given free tickets.

In terms of cash, we won't get any cash from advanced away sales or card transactions. I don't know how quickly we'd receive this money. It's also unlikely that we'd receive the full amount.

I doubt very much that the average was as high as £15 per head.

OAPs, young adults, juniors, kids, families all pay reduced prices. Complementaries don't pay anything and there were apparently a lot of sports clubs given free tickets.

In terms of cash, we won't get any cash from advanced away sales or card transactions. I don't know how quickly we'd receive this money. It's also unlikely that we'd receive the full amount.

The club also donate a load of tickets to tickets for troops. Which is an amazing thing the club do and have done for the past few seasons. I applaud the club for that.

Even those free tickets generate income though, and fingers crossed bring in a few more regulars.

With people still on holiday I was impressed with the turnout.

I'd say 4.000 season ticket holders.
1,000 free tickets.

So 2000 * 15 is £30,000..

Which if our wage budget Is around the £1.2m mark as expected then that'd mean that we'd be paying off the weeks wages with £7000 left.

I think we're closer to 3000 season tickets going by the article posted on the website recently.

On Wednesday the process of sending out all Season Cards for this season was completed and you should have received you card by today. We apologise for the lateness of this, but due to unexpected issues with the ticketing system upgrade we were not able to start the production of Season Cards until the very end of last week and the process of printing and sending out nearly 3,000 is logistically complicated. Additional staff were brought in to expedite the process and everyone has worked extremely hard to get the cards out.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/020813-season-card-info-964205.aspx

I'd say 4.000 season ticket holders.
1,000 free tickets.

So 2000 * 15 is £30,000..

Which if our wage budget Is around the £1.2m mark as expected then that'd mean that we'd be paying off the weeks wages with £7000 left.

Id be surprised if we have 3,000 season ticket holders now, does anyone know the real figure?

The income may pay a weeks wages, but based on a home game every two weeks most games have to pay 2 weeks wages. Take into account policing costs and all the other overheads and you can see why we lose money.

I read on the match thread that there were loads of giveaways to local clubs. That needs to be taken into consideration.

Makes me think how often we've failed to capitalise on the situation when we've worked hard to get large numbers through the gate. For me, yesterday was worth so much more than the 3 points and revenue gained on the day. A great day for Southend United in generating enthusiasm for the season ahead, setting off on the right foot and getting the fans behind the team. The only way to get those crowds coming back through the gates is to continue playing well.

I totally agree. When you get a big crowd (with freebies aswell) it's important to put on a good show. Not only did the boys win, but they won with some attractive football and they looked hungry for it. If I was a parent taking their little ones for the first time, I would certainly consider returning this season. Well done SUFC on all accounts.

Back