• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match of the Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going dangerously close to politics but it seems suspicious that when Lineker was tweeting about how rubbish Jeremy Corbyn was on Twitter the BBC bosses didn't seem to mind yet at soon as he criticises government policy he's told not to be political. Definitely couldn't have anything to do with the BBC appointing a former advisor to Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak as their chairman in 2021 (who has also donated £400k to the Conservative party) could it...

I've never seen the point of having pundits on MotD so if they'd been sacked for being a waste of money I'd be happy but the reason they're getting ousted is very worrying considering the BBC is meant to be impartial.

Is it true what some one said in the threads about RM appearing on MOTD for a fee which will cover whats owed so we can get out of the embargo

Excellent news. Far too much talking and not enough action. Always used to watch it as a kid. Lost interest with the current crop of pundits.
Same here. Not watched it for years. Past it's sell by. The sooner it's canned as part of BBC cut backs the better

I think it'll be much better with just the match highlights. Us taxpayers are paying ridiculous amount for their wages, when all we want to watch is the games. They talk about whether players are acting honestly, yet have Ian Wright (Savage etc) on their panel of pundits who were the worst for gamesmanship etc.

BBC such melts, and have embarrassed themselves. Encouraged and squeezed in so much “speaking out” about Qatar at every opportunity during the World Cup, even during the match’s themselves.

Linekar tweets (as he has done for years) his views and gets in trouble.

I know this is going dangerously close to politics but it seems suspicious that when Lineker was tweeting about how rubbish Jeremy Corbyn was on Twitter the BBC bosses didn't seem to mind yet at soon as he criticises government policy he's told not to be political. Definitely couldn't have anything to do with the BBC appointing a former advisor to Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak as their chairman in 2021 (who has also donated £400k to the Conservative party) could it...

I've never seen the point of having pundits on MotD so if they'd been sacked for being a waste of money I'd be happy but the reason they're getting ousted is very worrying considering the BBC is meant to be impartial.
The BBC is not impartial with a Chairman in Richard Sharp who only got the job because he facilitated Johnson's loan and a Director General in Tim Davie who has been a Tory councillor candidate and deputy chair of his local party, not to mention all the other Tories on the board like Lord Grade and Robbie Gibb. Impartial? Like Fiona Bruce who only last Thursday excused Johnson's wife beating father because it was a one off. Like 'Lord' Sugar?
Lineker was fully entitled to tweet as a private individual expressing an opinion. He is absolutely right, there are parallels with Nazi Germany and the UK is slipping into acceptance of fascism by the back door, exactly as happened in Germany. A good and close to home example will be that no doubt this post will be deleted for venturing into politics which the OP must have realised would happen because you cannot discuss this issue without a political dimension!

Haven’t watched MOTD for years.

I totally resent the fact that my licence fee goes to Lineker and the other devoid of personality bunch.

Sack him, Shearer and Alex Scott et al.

Lineker is a self righteous knob, who bangs on about morality, but still went to Qatar, and who’s tweets often offend without any thought of consequences.

Comparing the victims of the holocaust to the predominantly Albanian economic migrants is deeply offensive.

BBC should stand by their decision, but you know they will buckle.

The BBC is not impartial with a Chairman in Richard Sharp who only got the job because he facilitated Johnson's loan and a Director General in Tim Davie who has been a Tory councillor candidate and deputy chair of his local party, not to mention all the other Tories on the board like Lord Grade and Robbie Gibb. Impartial? Like Fiona Bruce who only last Thursday excused Johnson's wife beating father because it was a one off. Like 'Lord' Sugar?
Lineker was fully entitled to tweet as a private individual expressing an opinion. He is absolutely right, there are parallels with Nazi Germany and the UK is slipping into acceptance of fascism by the back door, exactly as happened in Germany. A good and close to home example will be that no doubt this post will be deleted for venturing into politics which the OP must have realised would happen because you cannot discuss this issue without a political dimension!
You really think that? Hitler exterminated millions of Jews, and drove them from their homelands.

Restricting illegal immigrants, currently residing in the safety of France is not the same. 50% of which are Albanian according to current statistics. Albania is not in conflict, so why are they seeking ‘safe’ haven in the UK?

Contrary to those that always look to criticise, and play politics, I posted this originally in the 'Other Football' Forum for general discussion on the impact on Match of the Day and a little (very) humour. Sadly that was not to be and unwittingly I opened political debate by those that can't resist. For that reason I'm going to close the thread now before it develops further into a political slanging match. Thanks for your comments so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back