• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MATCH POSTPONED - Maidenhead United v Southend United, Tuesday 24 January

Starting XI and result

• Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Louis Lomas

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Noor Husin

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collin Andeng Ndi

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forecast I saw for maidenhead said rain and temps about +5 for Wed day/evening

Correct, but it will need a couple of days without dropping below freezing to get that pitch thawed out after over a week of sub zero temperatures.

Take into account also Maidenhead lack of resources and no desire or need to get the game on. They are not going down and will be content to stay in the National League once more.

At best with two day’s warning I would imagine the logistics involved would be prohibitive despite it making some sense.

At best with two day’s warning I would imagine the logistics involved would be prohibitive despite it making some sense.

Yeah I suspect that, but then again forecast has been like this for a couple of days, so couldve made the decision fri/sat, few more days to make arrangements

In speedway they switch days far easier than any other sport i’ve seen. So if rain is forecast they switch to the next day if better which may work for Tues and Weds for this match. Their riders come from all over the world and europe too.

Last edited:
Booked a desk in the office as i can't see the game going ahead. Would be nice if they called it early and then the teams can prepare for Saturday (or Wednesday or the Essex Senior Cup)

In speedway they switch days far easier than any other sport i’ve seen. So if rain is forecast they switch to the next day if better which may work for Tues and Weds for this match. Their riders come from all over the world and europe too.
Much less fan impact though

Much less fan impact though
Perhaps half of our crowd. 2k fans more often than not. It’s more the riders with busy schedules that is a surprise. Used to draw much much bigger crowds than lower league football but the riders left UK scene when money went. Motorsport has always been more fluid to weather than football.

Ok so if this game is postponed along with many others .Is it not time to have a winter break of say 8 weeks .Because at this time clubs have had so many games called of due to the bad weather .It means some teams will be playing 2 or 3 games a week just to forfill the fixtures .Ans some clubs other than the top three or four have paper thin squads and players picking up ibad knocks may leave teams struggling to put a team out .Just my thoughts on the matter

Ok so if this game is postponed along with many others .Is it not time to have a winter break of say 8 weeks .Because at this time clubs have had so many games called of due to the bad weather .It means some teams will be playing 2 or 3 games a week just to forfill the fixtures .Ans some clubs other than the top three or four have paper thin squads and players picking up ibad knocks may leave teams struggling to put a team out .Just my thoughts on the matter
So you build in a winter break in Jan/Feb but then what happens when the weather is good at that time and you get a cold snap in Nov/Dec or March/April. They can't even get the weather forecast right a couple of days ahead let alone plan for winter weather when drawing up the fixtures in June

A winter break of 8 weeks would be ridiculous. Games get postponed, that's life

Looks like similar to us at RH, they have issues with the South stand side of their ground due to buildings/trees etc blocking out the sun at this time of year. Doubtful I'd suggest.

Back