• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All in all, a pretty fair report, except for the fact that it completely ignores Richards' assault on Sturrock.

All in all, a pretty fair report, except for the fact that it completely ignores Richards' assault on Sturrock.
what actully happened my view was blocked, looked like they both went up for a header and class of heads??

dean25710 said:
what actully happened my view was blocked, looked like they both went up for a header and class of heads??
Richards took a 10 yard run-up, fore-armed Blair in the back of the head, then went down holding his own head to avoid being sent off. The **** of a ref then didn't even give us a free-kick let alone send Richards off.

I made it a 15 yard run up, linesperson had a perfect view and bottled it.
I that had been an Arsenal player last nite, he wouldn't have got out of the stadium alive

Comments from a Gillingham fan at work yesterday before the game:

"I hate that North Stand of yours with the seats bolted to the terraces no leg room"
"yes I know" I replied "mind you it has got a roof"
Southend 1-0 Gillingham

"how much to get into that stand of yours tonight?"
"£18 I think, how much does it cost to sit in the open at yours"
Southend 2-0 Gillingham.

GAME OVER

DoDtS

Richards took a 10 yard run-up, fore-armed Blair in the back of the head, then paused, then quickly realised there could be a problem, then feigned being shot, then went down holding his own head to avoid being sent off. The **** of a ref then didn't even give us a free-kick let alone send Richards off.

Corrected for you. Though the neutral in me is still not convinced there was any intent or malice in it. My first thought was ouch, my second thought was he had his eye on the ball and covered a lot of ground quickly which makes me think accidental, it's just the manner in which he went down that had me joining in with the off,off chants

Corrected for you. Though the neutral in me is still not convinced there was any intent or malice in it. My first thought was ouch, my second thought was he had his eye on the ball and covered a lot of ground quickly which makes me think accidental, it's just the manner in which he went down that had me joining in with the off,off chants

No-one is suggesting there was any malice in the challenge, but an accident can still be a red card.

Back