• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 27

Insane finish for my franchise: 7 wickets and 10 runs off of 9 balls.

19.6 W Thelwell to Cotton
Pulled straight to Fryatt who was waiting at a shorter square leg position than normal. The ball was comfortably taken at waist height.
19.5 W Thelwell to Cahill
Poor shot, just throwing the bat at a hint of width and scooping it up miles into the air. Hinds calls for it and pouches the skier with ease on the off side.
19.4 6 Thelwell to Cahill
Two steps down the pitch, a big swing of the arms and the ball is sent packing back over Thelwell's head.
19.3 W Thelwell to Phiri
Phiri thought he could send that delivery off Thelwell sailing to the rope but found himself becalmed after missing the boat completely. Gijsman completes a simple stumping.
19.2 W Thelwell to Bentham
Bentham goes for an agricultural stroke with midwicket clearly on his mind but fails to make contact and his middle stump goes for a walk. Nice change of pace from Thelwell.
19.1 W Thelwell to Neal
LBW. The umpire was very quick to give that decision. Coincidently he once appeared on 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' where he still holds the record for the fastest finger first.

End of Over 19: 135-5, runrate=7.11, reqrunrate=41.00 (175-1)
Quinn 4-0-33-2
Neal* 28 (18 balls)
Grierson 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Gure c. Gijsman b. Quinn 4 (FOW: 135/5)
18.6 W Quinn to Gure
A good reaction catch by Gijsman there. I'm sure he'll be boasting about that tonight.
18.5 4 Quinn to Gure
Gure picks up that ball well, drives it in front of leg stump, it races down towards cow corner. The ball bounces over the boundary rope and is collected by a steward in a bright yellow jacket who tosses it back to Arnison.
18.4 W Quinn to Clifford
Out! Clifford looked to work a good length ball to the on side, but it held up off the pitch. He was early into the shot and the ball took the leading edge and popped up. Rowney takes a simple catch at cover.

3 out of 3 for me, got a decent shot at a first major title. Good teams in there but BT20 has the random factor.

Sigh, through in the cup and we manage to draw Smootham and their £1.6m wagebill on the week there's no NT matches. Franchise also playing a team with an NT but at least has a chance.

Finally bitten the bullet here. Had a great rise into top 100 but overstretched myself. Cup run comes to an end this Sunday so sell off has begun. I've written off OD but will fight for as long as I can to stay in FC May just do it with what will be left of my squad. Will reassess at season end and decide whether to battle on or drop through leagues collecting funds while building a young squad around existing trainees. Franchise going well though.

If I lose in the cup on Sunday I will also be looking at a reshuffle. In my current state I would likely be safe in all four formats but am unlikely to challenge to win any of them. May take this opportunity to move my three 31yos on and save some wages to reinvesr for next season. May also deliberately relegate in OD as the buffer of being able to win most of your OD games makes a massive difference to FC receipts.

I'm in a strong position against the team currently top, if I can win would give me a great chance of promotion a draw won't be a bad result though.

Messing up another FC game, had Hotspurs at 161-6 with the follow on beckoning but couldn't finish it and they're now 224-9. Got an aggressive declaration set but can't see it happening.

Declared at 100 and bowled them out for 142 for a great win.

Franchise are 3 out of 3 and looking good to promote straight back to V (where we expect to promoted again).

Gah, needed 13 runs off the final over to win today and went 4.4.1.0.1.0 :duh:

Certainly fuels my thinking with regard to deliberately relegating!

Netted over 3 mill from sales. Very pleasant. Will fight for FC survival which could be tough but even with joke sides out in OD I should make a profit now over 2 weeks despite attendances. Will be a long road to rebuilding from here though.

Tame exit from the cup so two players up for sale. Bought Coburn for £700k and already had a bid of £1.5m so that's worked out well. Original YP Graham also on the way out. Fortunately my double header opponent in FC in a couple of weeks has sold up so a much needed easy run to come (shame we're not still in the cup!).

Franchise into Round 6 in the Windies cup, a decent shot at making Round 7 too. We now have ex-Vet Healy in our ranks so he can continue his SZFL career.

Same here, if I could have fluked a victory I might have had a chance of challenging for the title. Now I can't really win anything I don't need to rush to replace the players I'm selling so can build some cash up and try to rebuild later in the season when the prices have hopefully dropped a bit. £220k of wages shortly departing.

Need to make sure I stay up in both formats as there will be bots in them with Bendigo emigrating.

End of Over 62 (5 runs). Bendigo Bullants: 249-4, runrate=4.02
Lead by 24 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 225-10)
Overs left today: 75
Wilkshire 19-3-65-0
Clough* 39 (35 balls)
O'Donnell 92 (131 balls)

Last Wicket: Wickes lbw b. Pouwels 47 (FOW: 192/4)

Got £1.9m for Graham in the end, pretty good for a 31yo, plus £1.53m for Coburn. Leaves me with £5.2m in the bank which I plan to sit on for a while, though will no doubt end up spunking it on someone I don't need.

though will no doubt end up spunking it on someone I don't need.
Managed to sit on it for a whole day. Pleased with my business though, sold a 31yo exc/exq AR, 27yo phen bat and 19yo Rem trainee for £5.5m and bought in a 30yo mast/mast all rounder, a 27yo mirac bowler and a 23yo mast bat (Sen WK) for £6.4m. Got my other trainee selling for £500k at the moment and have taken a punt on someone bidding on Pouwels at £2.2m (will reduce it next week if he doesn't sell.

If Pouwels sells it will leave me around £3m in the black with as balanced a lineup as I've had:
1 - Miraculous
2 - Masterful
3 - Masterful
4 - Exquisite
5 - Miraculous/Masterful
6 - Masterful/Masterful
7 - Sensatonal/Exceptional (trainee)
8 - Exceptional/Exquisite
9 - Proficient(trainee)
With miraculous and masterful bowlers. Only three over 30s (31, 31 and 30) so no need to change for a while. Could get another bat and take batting duties from the ARs a bit but happy to let the trainee get experience. Got a 19yo trainee who's not far from wonderful bowling as well.

Anyway, back to matches, about to go 6 out of 6 in BT20 leaving me in contention for my first main pot. Unfortunately I've played all the easiest games first and are yet to play #1-3 in the world (along with 16 and 31) ouch.

We're sitting #4 in the world at the moment. With Bendigo emigrating I could have a shot at #1 next season.

100% in BT20 after 3 wins this week.

Won today in OD aswell sit 4th at the moment, got some nice ratings! :smile:

Yarkies Larkers Deep Backward Square Leg
Top Order: phenomenal elite
Middle Order: wonderful miraculous
Lower Order: mediocre woeful
Seam Bowling: sensational elite
Spin Bowling: sensational elite
Fielding: respectable competent
MOTM: Wanless

Back