• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 27

Oppo threw the game so my franchise are into Round 8. Got a bot on Friday as well so PFL should be ok. Will have to wait and see who we get, no NT games next week so need to avoid one of the monster teams.

And naturally we draw a team with two NTs! That's the cup over for this season :thumbdown:

Nice, must have been some nice gates collected along the way! I'm bowing out with a TIE, no point trying to take on a £1.3m wagebill that camps in Level IV, check out the history, weird tactic as they would win most games in Windies Level III anyway!

16/09/2013 Finished season 26 in position 1 in OD league IV.4.
28/05/2013 Finished season 25 in position 1 in OD league IV.4.
04/02/2013 Finished season 24 in position 1 in OD league IV.4.
15/10/2012 Finished season 23 in position 1 in OD league IV.4.
25/06/2012 Finished season 22 in position 1 in OD league IV.4.

Got FC done a day early - if anyone fancies a friendly tomorrow Wixams CC are available.
When you finish early it's worth popping over to English sledging and asking for a friendly there. You can only challenge once the games update at about 6pm. I would have challenged but only just online after being out all day, got you some decent receipts on Sunday though!

Two day win against QP which puts me 31 behind 1st and 41 ahead of 3rd. Pretty clear where I will be finishing! Franchise stringing out 3 days receipts and will be promoting this season after two wins against 2nd.

Good win against the team who were top in OD today puts me in contention, i'm now 4 points behind the top 2 and I'm playing the other team next week.

Lost to by 4 runs! Looking at the teams promoting I might just take a little drop to II for some easier OD games!

Rather annoyingly I lost in BT20 after my opponents smashed about 20 in the last over. Three teams tied on 32 points and we have to play both of them. Walkover win in OD but still looking to relegate.

FC is pretty dead, almost certain to finish second.

Just finished a 10 wicket win over the league leaders in FC, puts us 21 behind them, and up into 2nd.

They have a walkover next week, but winning our remaining games could give us a shot.

Should have a good chance next season hopefully.

This has close defeat written all over it. Can't argue with the performance against the best team in the world though.

End of Over 37 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 101-3, runrate=2.73 (1st Inn: 235-10)
Trail by 144 runs. (Bendigo Bullants 238-10 & 242-5)
Overs left today: 40
Sweeney 14-4-21-1
Sargeant* 16 (29 balls)
Nunens 0 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Brennan c. Corniel b. Dillon 37 (FOW: 86/3)

Was in a pretty decent position overnight, opposition trailed by 190 with 7 wickets remaining on a third day cracked pitch, with partially cloudy and humid conditions and an attack in near full fitness.

But they've gone from

End of Over 23 (2 runs). Shefkis Heros: 81-3, runrate=3.52 (1st Inn: 157-10)
Trail by 188 runs. (Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI 426-10)
Overs left today: 109
Shipp 8-1-24-2
Lebese* 22 (46 balls)
Rankin 3 (7 balls)

to

End of Over 123 (2 runs). Shefkis Heros: 330-6, runrate=2.68 (1st Inn: 157-10)
Lead by 61 runs. (Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI 426-10)
Overs left today: 9
Shawcross 21-3-59-1
Cam* 36 (101 balls)
Daniell 21 (50 balls)
Last Wicket: Eagle Run Out 95 (FOW: 280/6)

Ouch.

My poor attack.

Marvellous job by my Franchise pretty much ensuring Aus FC VI survival. Outside chance of BT promotion too Will relegate in OD III that was a step too soon. Main will relegate in FC and OD but may promote out of BT IV. Will rebuild at those lower levels for a couple of seasons.

Thought I was in trouble yesterday losing the toss in bowling conditions but the middle order stuck about and the bowlers did their job well, should secure 2nd place if we win. Franchise should win to stay top.

End of Over 62 (Maiden). Phils hotspurs: 129-9, runrate=2.08
Trail by 100 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 229-10)
Overs left today: 77
Sargeant 8-1-24-1
Tshepo* 44 (94 balls)
Dudgeon 0 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Denton c. Nugent b. Sargeant 0 (FOW: 127/9)

Playing the team in 2nd I could have sealed promotion with a win and probably with a draw aswell, its not going too well though!

I'm currently behind after the 1st innings, batting 2nd with only 6 wickets left. I'll need a miracle from this position!

1. Morries mad bunch 8 7 1 0 0 32 24 154
2. Deep Backward Square Leg 8 7 1 0 0 31 24 153
3. Gyppos tarts 8 5 3 0 0 16 22 108
4. Felinfoel 8 4 4 0 0 24 20 100
5. Flaming Balls 8 1 7 0 0 7 14 35
6. The Comet Mints 8 0 8 0 0 0 10 10

:'(:'(

Back