• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 29

Managed a win in FC despite being bowled out for 104 in the first innings! A good platform to try to stay up now.

Should promote in FC (now 2 for 2), hopefully stay up in OD (W1 L1 so far)

Bt20 could be tough....will find out this week :blush:

Annoyingly in BT20 I get to play Cubs, a team who have bankrupted themselves by buying in 11 NT players, but won't go bot for a few weeks. Means that half the league get to play them as a bot. Will be another near miss I suspect!

However 2 for 2 in OD and that is making a big difference to gate receipts after the struggle of the last two seasons. Eight bowlers makes PFL management much easier!

Gave it a good go against Cubs but fell just short. Should be 2/1 after today though and the franchise have a decent chance of being 3/0.

Should hopefully both make it through in the cup as well.

Spectacular batting from Uda as we try to salvage an unlikely draw.

End of Over 47 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 72-2, runrate=1.53 (1st Inn: 97-10)
Trail by 288 runs. (Gloucester Gipsies 203-10 & 254-5)
Overs left today: 63
Pryde 9-5-8-0
Brennan* 30 (73 balls)
Udayakumar 18 (133 balls)
Last Wicket: Jaffar b. Belcon 4 (FOW: 29/2)

Davros managed a tie, don't see too many of those in FC!

And that's the end of the match. It has ended in a tie!!

End of Over 83 (Maiden). Ton Up: 216-10, runrate=2.60 (1st Inn: 190-10)
Scores are level. (N-Trance shire 149-10 & 257-4)
Overs left today: 17
Lekhi 12-3-21-3
Chesire* 0 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Bird lbw b. Lekhi 4 (FOW: 216/10)

Spectacular batting from Uda as we try to salvage an unlikely draw.

End of Over 47 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 72-2, runrate=1.53 (1st Inn: 97-10)
Trail by 288 runs. (Gloucester Gipsies 203-10 & 254-5)
Overs left today: 63
Pryde 9-5-8-0
Brennan* 30 (73 balls)
Udayakumar 18 (133 balls)
Last Wicket: Jaffar b. Belcon 4 (FOW: 29/2)

Sterling effort, did you maange it?

Sadly not, all out with about 12 overs left which was rather frustrating as it meant we played for all 3 days and only managed 3 points! 4 out of 4 in OD though.

Through in the cup and another easy game next week, though away again so missing out on a lot of gate receipts! Good news is my OD opponent has already told me he's throwing on Friday which helps with a tough FC game to come. Seems they've all accepted I'm walking my way back to I.1. Now to decide how long I keep the additional bowlers for.....

Franchise out of the cup but with two away games this week that's decent timing.

Back