• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 30

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Week 1 pops were rubbish, Med x 3 for the main team, and Comp (low) / Med / Med for the Franchise.

Main team home in the Cup against a team ranked 300 places lower. Happy days, until I realised they have 5 NT's in their side :thumbdown:

Franchise at home to a team slightly stronger, but should be fairly close...

Human team away but only an 18,000 ground which is a bit naff as they've been around for a while!

Got a nice easy opening week with a sell up tomorrow and a bot on Friday. Would rather have these games mid season though!

Got through in the Cup. Turned out all of their NT's were bats, and the bowlers utter tripe. Chased down 336 with 6 overs to spare. Home to a managed team ranked #1941 in round 2, should be able to TIE and be OK. Franchise lost.

Got a BOT away in FC, then away to a side we could beat in OD this week, need 2 wins to build Confidence before we play our 1st home games

Got through the Cup comfortably, but have now drawn Chumberlee Select (#73 in England). At least it's away so I'll get some nice gate receipts...

Both FC games won inside 2 days :thumbsup:

Thrashed in FC, 4 very strong teams this season so I could be in for relegation, especially as I've had to sell a bat to keep the creditors away.

Franchise picked up a good win in a game that was seemingly heading for a draw after scores of 287 and 310 in the first innings, managed to skittle them for 91 second time out.

Both teams through in the cups, franchise scraped through on a TIE fortunately. Seniors need a long run for the cash!

Awful defeat on Friday and then nearly made a mess of our Cup game against much weaker opposition, their £30-40k bats scored freely against my bowlers and then their £30-40k bowlers got me 3 down in no time. Was only batting to 6 as rested an AR but fortunately the other two ARs put in shifts with the bat and we scraped home with 3 balls to spare. Easier game next week.

Good week for the franchise with a couple of wins in the league and a bot win yesterday. Got a winnable game Sunday as well.

Beat Chumberlee in the Cup after they threw the game for some reason. Now away to #114, so not expecting anything.

100% record so far this season for the main team.

Franchise chugging along OK without doing anything special...

3 out of 3 in BT20, most unexpected and clear top at the moment!

Today we let a 200 BTR player score 20 against us :blush:

Both teams 3 out of 3 in BT20.

Vital game for us today, as we play the side that won this div last season and then threw the P/O

Not looking good so far...

12/09/2014 Middle n Leg v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

Middle n Leg won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: uneven

End of Over 33: 166-0, runrate=5.03
Hessey 10-1-46-0
Roa* 80 (101 balls)
Bowles 83 (100 balls)

Looking a lot better now...

Middle n Leg v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

Middle n Leg won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: uneven

End of Over 28: 190-1, runrate=6.79, reqrunrate=3.32 (262-2)
Robinson 4-0-29-0
Folan* 39 (46 balls)
Marriott 112 (85 balls)
Last Wicket: Cilvers b. Weale 37 (FOW: 92/1)

Annoying OD defeat yesterday, bowled the other side out for 204 and then I got 202-3 in 50 overs!! :nope::nope:

2 wins and a defeat to start off the BT20 campaign.

Back