• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Communists picket Matrix premiere to celebrate revolution

Communists picketed the Moscow premiere of The Matrix: Revolutions to celebrate the jubilee of the Russian revolution.

A group of 32 youngsters wore red T-shirts, Soviet army helmets and Matrix-style dark glasses outside the Pushkinskiy cinema.

They each held up neon-lit letters which spelt out the slogans "We are NEO-communists" and "Destroy the Matrix".

According to Communist Party ideologists, the Matrix series' central hero Neo is a genuine communist, reports Kommersant.

Oleg Bondarenko, Communist party youth movement leader, said there was "no difference" between Neo and Lenin as revolutionaries.

If the matrix is destroyed we might find that in the 'real' world Southend are still in the first division and that Keith Dublin was only a simulation. It's worth a try.

I say good luck to the plucky Russian youngsters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 07 2003,11:44)]If the matrix is destroyed we might find that in the 'real' world Southend are still  in the first division
I heard of a great prank the other day (relating to this)...

from b3ta.com

I go to Cambridge University. After exams each year, each college puts on a ball called the May Ball, confusingly not in May but anyway.
It's the social highlight of the year. Tickets cost £90 - £160 and for that you get twelve solid hours of free drinks (including unlimited champagne - feel free to throw a bottle at someone's head,) free food, and there's always some reasonably good student bands/stand-ups/soloists performing.
Anyway, because it's the end of the year and everyone's got something to celebrate, most people get very very drunk, especially seeing as it's all 'free' (in a sense) and besides I feel that special occasions make one drink more.
Our story starts with a man named Dave Rhien, he was known as Diamond Dave for some reason, I think because he dad sold cars for a living or somesuch. Anyway, his dad must have sold a lot of cars because his family lived in Cambridge as well, about a mile from our college, and the location of course of the May Ball.
As May proceeds, a terrible plan is forged in the cracks of Mount Droonk. Eventually the conspirators make the sign of the serpent and all is set. Dave goes to the ball, dressed up to a T and generally having a whale of a time. I think it was his second year so he was quite familiar with the format.
All his mates seemed to be trying to get him drunk. I didn't know Dave too well but anyway I remember him constantly having his drink topped up with whatever. His mates also never let him sit down. Sure enough, at 6am the ball is over and Dave is totally totalled. I am relatively sure I saw two of his mates carry him off in the direction of the car park, but it could have been a secondhand memory, I don't know.
His chums have found someone with a car, who drives him home quickly. His parents are in on the plan. They have gone through his bedroom and removed anything which refers to the last four or five years of his life. Then they went through his wardrobes and found his old school uniform. They laid it out on the chair next to his bed, and set the alarm for 7am. They also set the clock's 'real time' forward about six hours to give him a good bit of sleep. Lastly they took his dinner attire off and tucked him into bed.
Eight hours later Dave is wakes up. Maybe a little hung over but that is quickly forgotten. He realises the room, the bed, the alarm clock beeping at 7 are horribly familiar. He sees the school uniform. Confused to the point of insanity, he stumbles out his door. He bumps into his dad, who acts along marvellously. "Oh, I've signed your school report, remember to take it in today."
For thirty mindmelting, realityblowing seconds he awoke from a Matrix-like coma. All of the past five years - the sixth form college, the University, the people, the girls, were all just an incredible dream that must have taken place in only a few hours.
Then his dad cracked at the seams and burst out laughing in his face. Dave realises he's been had. The story has already been circulated around college and Dave enjoys the fruit of the world's focus for his last few days at college.He became known as The Incredible Time Travelling Dave, which is something of a factual error on the nicknamer's behalf, who misunderstood the hoax - it was nothing to do with time travel. (Time compression maybe?) And of course, like all good stories the exaggerations began. In one, his mates get him stoned as well as drunk. I've also heard versions where Dave is called Peter, Daniel etc, and also a version where he comes from a different college. It's flat out hilarious for me, because remember I was there on the day itself. Dave graduated last year, went to the May Ball again, and reportedly wore his old school tie!!!
see for more high jinks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 07 2003,11:44)]If the matrix is destroyed we might find that in the 'real' world Southend are still  in the first division and that Keith Dublin was only a simulation. It's worth a try.

I say good luck to the plucky Russian youngsters.
Keith Dublin was only ever a simulation.

You're not trying to tell me he was a 'real' professional footballer are you?

Blimey! Trinity is actually 'The One'? I did not see that coming ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2003,13:15)]Blimey! Trinity is actually 'The One'? I did not see that coming ...

WS

wink.gif
hahaha.

actually, it's all about Ron Jeremy.

I just love this one!!

"I told my brother if you take the cotton wool bit out of a vics inhaler and rubbed it under your eyes, you see in black and white.

He kicked my f**king head in after bawling his eyes out for two hours.
"

WS

And this one ...

"Loughborough has big towerblock halls, and all the layouts on each floor are identical. They moved a guy from the tenth or whatever floor down to the ground... swapped the room, made it identical. The guy was out getting ****ed for his birthday at the time, and when they brought him home, they stuck him in the lift, kept getting out at wrong floors, totally disorientated him until ending up in 'his' room on the ground floor.

Then, about half hour later, they opened the window, and threw him out.

Bear in mind he believed to be 10 floors up at the time... they ran outside to find him flat on his back, pointing upwards saying 'I fell'..."

WS

booked up for 2 weeks? eh?
rock.gif

I went to see it last night at Basildon, booked tickets less then 2 hours before the showing and the cinema wasn't that full....

Saw it last Sunday in a half-empty Southend Odeon.

Ps thanks for the spoiler, Carter. Luckily I'd seen it.

For the record, it's better than Ep2. But not by much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 11 2003,11:37)]For the record, it's better than Ep2. But not by much.
well it couldn't have gotten any worse!

Thought the battle of Zion and Neos battle with Agent Smith were really good so I was really starting to like this one despite Neo turning into Daredevil halfway through and then the last 2/3 minutes at the end smelt of cheese so I knocked half a star off!

**1/2 out of 5 (if I was really grouchy I would knock off another half star for the gross underuse of Monica Bellucci!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Nov. 11 2003,12:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 11 2003,11:37)]For the record, it's better than Ep2. But not by much.
well it couldn't have gotten any worse!

Thought the battle of Zion and Neos battle with Agent Smith were really good so I was really starting to like this one despite Neo turning into Daredevil halfway through and then the last 2/3 minutes at the end smelt of cheese so I knocked half a star off!

**1/2 out of 5 (if I was really grouchy I would knock off another half star for the gross underuse of Monica Bellucci!)
Yes, although there were elements of American patriotism:

"You did it!"
"No, we did it"

Arrrgh! Oh and it was pretty clear they intended it to be a pseudo-Christian allegory in the end- Smith as Antichrist, the train station as Purgatory...

****possible spoiler********

and did you notice Neo was almost in the crucifixtion pose near the end....sheeesh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Nov. 11 2003,12:26)]****possible spoiler********

and did you notice Neo was almost in the crucifixtion pose near the end....sheeesh
Yes. That was what clinched it for me.

BTW- there's a good site here for a reading into some of the meaning.

As a Linguistics graduate, I found the semantics part rather interesting. ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (carter_true_blue @ Nov. 08 2003,00:06)]shame i can't see it for another 2-3 weeks so many people have booked it.  
Certainly no waiting time at Southend. Just walk in and get a ticket ... someone's winding you up, Carter ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Nov. 11 2003,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (carter_true_blue @ Nov. 08 2003,00:06)]shame i can't see it for another 2-3 weeks so many people have booked it.  
Certainly no waiting time at Southend. Just walk in and get a ticket ... someone's winding you up, Carter ...

WS
Really does take the ****
mad.gif
I'm getting it on cd anyway tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
i'll sit and enjoy nothing can beat the 1st ever matrix.

Back