• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt Jones

The Elements Armband

apart from being assistant manager or coach at billericay with justin edinburgh, he has signed on forms for them and could play in tonights game for them at eton manor.

was a hot prospect for leeds but got a career ending injury and also does the odd bit for sky sports as either a guest for football league review or commentates the occassional live game

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 02 2005,22:05)]was a hot prospect for leeds but got a career ending injury and also does the odd bit for sky sports as either a guest for football league review or commentates the occassional live game
Sure you've got the right guy?.

The one at Billericay used to play for Dagenham & Redbridge and I think that his Southend connection is that he was a youth team player with us many years ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 02 2005,22:05)]was a hot prospect for leeds but got a career ending injury and also does the odd bit for sky sports as either a guest for football league review or commentates the occassional live game
Definitely got the wrong person... The Matt Jones i know who played for Southend Youth team is assistant manager/player at Billericay Town and teaches PE at KES...

sorry, ive definately got the wrong guy - i was wondering why this thread was relevant to southend! the player i was thinking of played for leeds when they were in the champions league. just checked the matt jones, ex-shrimper that is, and he looks nothing like him! apologies.

Yep I want to college with Matt as in those days the YTS players had to do a day release at Southend Tech. He was an all right bloke back then, he never quite made the grade at Southend. I guess due to the fact we started our charge up the table at the time and he was never a Division One player but maybe could have made it if we had stayed in Division 3.

Matt jones, second row, first on the left!!!
teamphoto.jpg

Back