• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

twobob

Fan since 66
I see he wasn't in the Oxford squad that played in their match in the USA. Is he not allowed to play as he's under contract to us?

Last edited:
I can answer my own question now as he played for an hour yesterday. I hope does well so we can get him off the books.

this saga has gone on way too long. i personally quite like him but its time he's off our wage bill. he may be the biggest earner at the club for all we know and he's not even played for god knows how long. from what i've read etc seems he must have quite decent wages coming in.

By all accounts he played for a grand total of 58 minutes, in Oxford's 3 match tour of the U.S.

Guess that means he'll be back then...

One of his tweets on Monday says it all:

"it's gone okay but I'm doubtful tbh!"

That was in reply to a question about how the U.S. tour went.

I just don't get it.

It is clearly obvious that he has zero part to play at this club. He will be lucky to even get a ressie game by the looks of it. Unless a scout is down to watch him.

Is he just happy to sit in the stands and pick up his rather large pay cheque for the next 12 months?

Or

Do you think he does actually want to move on as soon as possible?

If I was him, I would want to be playing. Even if it meant earning a lot less and perhaps dropping a level, to re-build my career.

he definitely needs to re-build his career, he might get a decent pay-packet this year but it could have a significant impact on his future years.

I do not understand why he does not take the offer that the club have put on the table of buying his contract out,that way he gets a reasonable lump sum and is then a free agent....all very odd.

he definitely needs to re-build his career, he might get a decent pay-packet this year but it could have a significant impact on his future years.

Exactly my thoughts Pubes.

The lad to be fair has not done anything wrong. It just has not worked out for him here.

He needs to have a word with himself, as he is draining valuable resources that could be used to get a good quality striker, and probably ruining his career at the same time.

He needs to do himself and the club a favour and get a gig elsewhere. Whether thats in the Football League or lower down.

Last edited:
Seems like he just wants to sit around earning decent money without having the hassle of playing at a weekend or training too hard. Seems very strange though as he has a whole career ahead of him and surely a year rotting here at a very important stage of his career will see him struggle in future years, as opposed to taking a pay cut and playing regularly elsewhere.

Seems like he just wants to sit around earning decent money without having the hassle of playing at a weekend or training too hard. Seems very strange though as he has a whole career ahead of him and surely a year rotting here at a very important stage of his career will see him struggle in future years, as opposed to taking a pay cut and playing regularly elsewhere.

Exactly how it seems mate. Seriously, it will start ****ing fans off soon I think. Especially when we are in need of a striker/winger, but the budget may not allow due to too many on the books. Pato aint the only one to be fair. We do need a little clear out. But if he went today, I bet we would be able to bring some quality in tomorrow.

I thought I read somewhere that he'd turned down a few non-league clubs. He needs to put himself in the shop window and if that means turning out for, say, Darlington then I think he should do it. Especially as the reserve league is depleted he's not going to get too many chances to shine with us.

I thought I read somewhere that he'd turned down a few non-league clubs. He needs to put himself in the shop window and if that means turning out for, say, Darlington then I think he should do it. Especially as the reserve league is depleted he's not going to get too many chances to shine with us.

Yeah he has turned down a number of opportunities I believe.

As number11 said above. His attitute seems to be that he's happy to rot for a year and earn decent money. Rather than take a cut and re-build lower down.

Does that sit right with the rest of you? as it doesn't with me.

As I've already said, I have nothing against the lad. He has showed some decent glimpses at times. But for whatever reason it has not worked for him here and he needs to go asap. I want the club to bring in some more quality and surely having him off the books, will allow us to do that.

Last edited:
Good to see he has as much confidence in his own ability as most of the rest of us...
That's his biggest problem, IMO. I actually think Pato could be a good player - he is skilful and did OK at Stockport, whose fans raved about him - but he doesn't appear to believe in himself at all. He's the sort of player who needs a good start and unfortunately his start as an SUFC player was to screw a shot horribly wide against Wycombe when clean through at 1-0 up. And in his defence, it didn't help that Tilly played him as a lone targetman in the next couple of games before dropping him.

Although Sturrock Jr was the correct choice to partner Corr last season, Pato definitely deserved to be above the average Crawford in the pecking order.

He (or his Agent) is probably well aware that if a move to a Club like Oxford doesn't come off then he can come back here, pick up his inflated pay cheque for twelve months and probably take a loan move or two during the season. It's not like he won't be playing football at all.

He (or his Agent) is probably well aware that if a move to a Club like Oxford doesn't come off then he can come back here, pick up his inflated pay cheque for twelve months and probably take a loan move or two during the season. It's not like he won't be playing football at all.

That's what ****es me off. Especially when it could be stopping us getting in another quality piece of the jigsaw.

Back