• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt Paterson

And James lawson was highly rated by many Southend fans. Some of whom felt hooper was cack. It's about opinions, and perhaps people give extra slack to their home grown favourites

And James lawson was highly rated by many Southend fans. Some of whom felt hooper was cack. It's about opinions, and perhaps people give extra slack to their home grown favourites

Hooper was cack when he played for us, I remember when he came back from a loan spell (Borient IIRC) he got a start away to Northampton and looked every ounce a donkey.

Obviously he has proved doubters like me wrong since those days but that does not change the fact that he was awful when playing for us.

Hoops was not awful when he played for us. I just can't agree with that. He always looked like a fantastic goalscorer being asked to be a provider for someone else, and I said it on here at the time.

Hoops was not awful when he played for us. I just can't agree with that. He always looked like a fantastic goalscorer being asked to be a provider for someone else, and I said it on here at the time.

Not sure i agree with that one!! I thought he looked small, lightweight and never really did anything when he played for us. maybe the tactics were wrong for him, but i would never have predicted how succesful he would become.

Spinner did say that he (Hooper) was a better player than Freddy ......... guess he was right !

He must have something, he does have something surely. He hasn't been given that much of a chance in all honesty, he did score 2 important goals against Bristol City! But doesn't do it for me.

I agree Beefy, always defended him when here and felt pretty much the same. The fact that he was usually looked at as inferior to Harrold didn't help him either.

I agree Beefy, always defended him when here and felt pretty much the same. The fact that he was usually looked at as inferior to Harrold didn't help him either.

My recollection is that most people thought that he definitely had something about him but no-one could understand why he seemed to be able to do it for everyone else when he went out on loan but not for us.

Hooper used to make great runs, but was always picked out a yard too late when he was offside. Either the players he plays with now pick him out earlier, or he's learnt to check his run a bit. Sometimes that simple can be the difference between a promising player and a good player

Back