• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt Rush

Looks like he's finding consistency and bagging goals at the level below. Whilst stats show part of the story I wonder if we will see him at this level next season
A striker is always going to be judged by how many goals they score - as they say.

ironically he's the exact profile of the type of player the management want to bring in.
I'd say the opposite if you look at the type of strikers we have. The only comparison in size is Woody who is often overlooked. Glad he's doing well but perhaps he's reached his level and why would they bring a player back they released....

I'd say the opposite if you look at the type of strikers we have. The only comparison in size is Woody who is often overlooked. Glad he's doing well but perhaps he's reached his level and why would they bring a player back they released....

Not as overlooked as Powell though.

I meant more his age, what he would cost, the goals hes scored, and gems from lower league rather then height tbh.

I meant more his age, what he would cost, the goals hes scored, and gems from lower league rather then height tbh.
Yea get you, but they have to fit in his system and I think height comes into it, because clearly a taller player seems to fit his striker profile. Also, I can't really see the management team bringing someone back they've let go. John Still would have advised who to keep and who to let go. For instance, I know he rates Oli Coker very highly and that's why he stayed and the likes of Gard and Rush didn't.

What about Gus and Wes? I've probably missed something...
I've not heard anything on them. I believe there is a 2 year option on Gus and Wes has a one year option. Not sure if the club has exercised those options yet but in Gus case, I'm sure that'll be triggered if it hasn't yet. Will be interesting on Wes....

Back