• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matthew Dennis

Taters123

Youth Team
Think I’ve seen Matt Dennis has now signed for MK Dons so I longer an option

That's a good move for Dennis, will be interesting to see him develop.

I'm assuming there are a lot of add ons in the deal as he had just signed a new contract at Norwich

Good signing for MK. Dennis has pace and pops up in the right places, his scoring record here was very impressive from the minutes he got. At his age you'd expect further development, I think he could be a real gem of a signing. I'm sure we would have taken him had it been feasible but we aren't going to compete with league 1.

Think I’ve seen Matt Dennis has now signed for MK Dons so I longer an option
Interesting…at 19/20 years old he was a decent option for us when he was “on fire” but when the flames died down he really didn’t offer a huge amount to the team. League One, I personally think, is a step too far for the lad right now. Potentially MK will also look to loan him out though.

But I wish him well and hope he proves me completely wrong!

Good luck to him.

As time went on, his input seemed to become less. Maybe it was because of interest elsewhere but he had a good season and now has a chance to play regularly at a permanent club.

We definitely need a pacey tricky type of forward to compliment what we already have.

Matty has every basic ingredient to have a very good career as a central striker. Pace, good turning ability with the ball at his feet, technically good finisher and good at taking up good positions.

Up to him now, I hope he takes a very good opportunity with both hands and concentrated fully on his craft. If he does he will play at the higher end of the game. Only a baby so hopefully he'll listen to good coaching and life afvice.

Best of luck to Matt. He helped us massively on our unbeaten run. He helped us get well away from the relegation zone. Sadly, he was playing with injuries after that, and wasn't the same player. Some thought he was lazy and a non trier, But I have it on good authority that he was playing whilst injured and in pain. So of course he would save himself for the more important burst of speeds. That's why he was on the subs bench a lot. If they get him fully fit and sort out his ankle and knee, he will get them plenty of goals. That speed and turn of pace is hard to defend against, even at a higher level.

Last edited:
From all the rumours I’ve seen on here, seems pretty straight forward to me. If he sorts his attitude out he has the ability to do something. Doesn’t sound great when his quote at MK is “the manager told me it’s a great opportunity”. Is he not able to work that out for himself?

Really could go either way this one

Good luck to him - I am surprised by this & hope he does well but something in my coccyx tells me it will all end in tears.

As for the "hatred" of M.K. Dons - come on, hasn't the last few years taught us that he really should not be going down that route - spread some positive vibes, a little laughter & love I say. :Smile:

Wimbledon fans got their club back, the hatered of MK Dons is things of the past, we move on.

Wimbledon never got there club back they had to start from scratch and had to fight their way up again.

They would have never done it to Millwall so the allowing it was a complete disgrace. A clear case of bullying.

Well done to those dedicated Wombles who made it happen. A visit to their clubhouse was always a good experience….The only time i went to MK was to make sure they lost money by my visit.

Back