• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matthew Tipton

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
I see that Macclesfield have today released Matthew Tipton. Now, after Tilly's admission that we wanted him last summer, I wonder if he might be tempted into trying to get him this summer now he's available? According to his agent, the likes of Wrexham, Mansfield and Darlington are already in talks with him.

Possibly, although more likely if we fail on Saturday IMHO and I don't think we will
biggrin.gif

Good player, surprised they've released him though, he was their captain, I would like to see him at the hall, provided his wage demands are reasonable.

They've given money as a reason for letting him go. It's hardly surprising with their continued poor attendances though.

I very much doubt his on a big wage at Macc, but with their shocking attendances they aren't going to be able to afford him. I reckon if he stayed on the same wage he'd easily fit in our wage bill.

Wouldn't mind Tilly having a look at him over pre-season, could be a good signing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 26 2005,19:04)]I see that Macclesfield have today released Matthew Tipton. Now, after Tilly's admission that we wanted him last summer, I wonder if he might be tempted into trying to get him this summer now he's available? According to his agent, the likes of Wrexham, Mansfield and Darlington are already in talks with him.
that was before gray and eastwood signed for us. if we are to sign a new striker we should be aiming for a player better than eastwood and gray, otherwise theres no point. i dont think tipton will be good enough for our current team.

macclesfield have released graham potter, he is good though

he was after him at the start of the season although only admitted he wanted him towards the end of the season - eve of the macc game in the echo - that to me would suggest he has still got an eye or two on him. he is very good player - i dont think you can compare him to freddy and wayne as they are all good players for different reasons - variety is the key to success - he would definately add something to the squad if not the first team

I agree about Potter. Looked pretty good against us even playing in a back four that the rest of the team looked unaccustomed to.

Not sure I'd want him in for Che. Bit of a tough one that.

Back