• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

May backs the troops...at long last.

I voted remain.

Which version of Remain?, a UK fully integrated into a European Superstate, Cameron's Reformed Version?, the Membership prior to Cameron's reforms? or the one that said the EU badly needed reform without saying what was going to be reformed?

I voted leave....why did you vote remain ?

I voted remain because remaining makes me freer, richer, better protected and Britain more prosperous, enlightened and powerful, whilst leaving takes away rights and hits the poor hardest.

I also voted remain because of my experiences dealing with the international provision of services shows that working closer together is the way forward and that Britain would have more influence in the world leading in Europe than going it alone. If we are to take on multinationals (eg Google, Amazon) successfully it's going to be at EU or other international level than by ourselves.

So did you vote Leave based on, at least in part, on wanting to avoid the European Court of Human Rights?

I voted remain because remaining makes me freer, richer, better protected and Britain more prosperous, enlightened and powerful, whilst leaving takes away rights and hits the poor hardest.

I also voted remain because of my experiences dealing with the international provision of services shows that working closer together is the way forward and that Britain would have more influence in the world leading in Europe than going it alone. If we are to take on multinationals (eg Google, Amazon) successfully it's going to be at EU or other international level than by ourselves.

So did you vote Leave based on, at least in part, on wanting to avoid the European Court of Human Rights?

Britain is just one small island and the reality is it cannot continue with the level of immigration ATM,even people who have been here for just a few years want immigration stopped to a trickle,current numbers cannot be sustained.

Human rights is one mad bad sad ruling,common sense and decent values have been thrown away just to allow lawyers to make millions defending the undefendable.

Britain is just one small island and the reality is it cannot continue with the level of immigration ATM,even people who have been here for just a few years want immigration stopped to a trickle,current numbers cannot be sustained.

Human rights is one mad bad sad ruling,common sense and decent values have been thrown away just to allow lawyers to make millions defending the undefendable.

FFS, this is like trying to talk to Barna. How about you answer the question I asked you.

Did you vote Leave based on, at least in part, wanting to avoid the European Court of Human Rights?

Back on topic. The troops had to pay for their own defence for any claims against them. How did we ever allow that.

FFS, this is like trying to talk to Barna. How about you answer the question I asked you.

Did you vote Leave based on, at least in part, wanting to avoid the European Court of Human Rights?

Some of it yes,I would imagined that contains various bits and bobs which I admit not knowing,stuff I do know like a prisoner demands human rights to have a comfy bed is beyond the pale.Hope this helps.

Back on topic. The troops had to pay for their own defence for any claims against them. How did we ever allow that.

Human rights I reckon Riggers,as the PM said leftist lawyers making claims will cease...good for her.

Some of it yes,I would imagined that contains various bits and bobs which I admit not knowing,stuff I do know like a prisoner demands human rights to have a comfy bed is beyond the pale.Hope this helps.

In which case you are another person who voted Leave based, at least in part, on not understanding what the EU is.

The ECHR is not the EU. The European Convention on Human Rights - drafted by a Conservative MP, Sir David Maxwell-Fyfe, was ratified by Parliament in 1951. The Human Rights Act is not EU legislation either.

How depressing that people make such an important decision based on not understanding the basic premise.

Human rights I reckon Riggers,as the PM said leftist lawyers making claims will cease...good for her.

Abu Hamza got £2million in legal aid. Yet British troops who are sent to an (illegal) war zone can pay for themselves even if its just an allegation.

No doubt Pubey and Mk think this is totally wrong and will back their own troops.

In which case you are another person who voted Leave based, at least in part, on not understanding what the EU is.

The ECHR is not the EU. The European Convention on Human Rights - drafted by a Conservative MP, Sir David Maxwell-Fyfe, was ratified by Parliament in 1951. The Human Rights Act is not EU legislation either.

How depressing that people make such an important decision based on not understanding the basic premise.

At last you finally revealed your true intention,you must have been gagging to give the above.

How depressing people like yourself simply do not acknowledge people like me voted leave,as I stated before which you never liked because I never answered in the way you wanted me too,immigration has killed this country,yes I did write this country.

Abu Hamza got £2million in legal aid. Yet British troops who are sent to an (illegal) war zone can pay for themselves even if its just an allegation.

No doubt Pubey and Mk think this is totally wrong and will back their own troops.

Probably they shed tears when we finally got shot of AH.

At last you finally revealed your true intention,you must have been gagging to give the above.

How depressing people like yourself simply do not acknowledge people like me voted leave,as I stated before which you never liked because I never answered in the way you wanted me too,immigration has killed this country,yes I did write this country.

If the problem was immigration we could have reduced non-EU immigration - which was within our control - without leaving the EU.

And the country is far from dead.

I posted this before the referendum. I'm starting to believe people didn't get it.

Guardian

If the problem was immigration we could have reduced non-EU immigration - which was within our control - without leaving the EU.

And the country is far from dead.

Parts of this country has mass unemployment saddled with mass immigration,combine the two and you have dead towns going nowhere.

How many migrants were from non EU countries?

Remember when Labour told us all the Polish influx would be 30,000 max...they were only 700,000 out .

Parts of this country has mass unemployment saddled with mass immigration,combine the two and you have dead towns going nowhere.

How many migrants were from non EU countries?

Remember when Labour told us all the Polish influx would be 30,000 max...they were only 700,000 out .

Can't remember exact figures but there were more migrants from non-EU countries than from EU countries.

Can't remember exact figures but there were more migrants from non-EU countries than from EU countries.

Non EU immigrants between 1995 to 2011 cost the British taxpayer £118 billion more than any tax collected.

EU immigrants during the same period contributed £20 billion after tax collected.

EU immigrants contribute just over 1 billion every year,fairly small fry compared to GDP,the real kicker IMO is the fact the EU migrants especially eastern bloc save their money instead of helping the economy.

Non EU in fairness have took the wee for years.

Non EU immigrants between 1995 to 2011 cost the British taxpayer £118 billion more than any tax collected.

EU immigrants during the same period contributed £20 billion after tax collected.

EU immigrants contribute just over 1 billion every year,fairly small fry compared to GDP,the real kicker IMO is the fact the EU migrants especially eastern bloc save their money instead of helping the economy.

Non EU in fairness have took the wee for years.

So it's non-EU migrants who you think the problem are but you want to kick out the ones who are net contributors?

Back