• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

May elections

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
This is NOT about party politics.........please
But local elections are in May.
The future of SUFC his high on my vote placement decision.
I know I have a candidate who is a Shrimper so he will get my vote.
Ask some questions men and women and VOTE.

If you can't be bothered don't complain when SCC and RDC retain an indifference to our club's future

Mods, please allow but close if the loony left or rabid right can't play nicely.

Loony left speaking. Forgive me because I'm not local any more - have any of the parties said anything about SUFC/Fossetts? The attitude of individual councillors will vary, and is very much worth sounding out as you say, but it would give us a lot of confidence too if we knew whole parties were committed to the project.

(Of course when it comes to individual planning decisions councillors can't take party lines or have pre-conceived views, but that's not to say they can't support or oppose the project in principle.)

Ah, yes Mr Woodley, a case in point, I don't know him but my preconceived thoughts would be he was more one for golf and tennis balls at private members clubs in the better areas than footie. And interested in the Broadway and grass verges in Thorpers over social areas.
However he is not in my constituency to question.

Ah, yes Mr Woodley, a case in point, I don't know him but my preconceived thoughts would be he was more one for golf and tennis balls at private members clubs in the better areas than footie. And interested in the Broadway and grass verges in Thorpers over social areas.
Nor mine unfortunately:-)

He's more interested in pointless speed bumps

Doubt if Councellor Woodley is much of a fan OF SUFC.

As per usual with your pre conceived and distant political
thinking you are 100% wrong.

He can only attend 5 games per season as it would be classed as influencing decisions if he is a seaso.

If he was a Col U fan who intends to vote against us because he can or just like previous councillors just hates football and would like to the end of SUFC.....Thats OK but you cant be a fan.

For fans it should be the first question you ask to potential candidates. A young women standing in my ward offered to meet a few of us about the stadium and another local unused landmark, the Marine Activity Centre. So far has not made contact. She wont be getting any of our votes.

@rigsby one of the standing candidates in my ward is the king of the leaflet, lots of pics of him picking up litter etc.
But he has not responded to 2 e mails, politely phrased, answering questions on schools, FF and policing, despite stating he is in constant contact etc.
He won't get my vote BUT he does have a slick leaflet line which may induce voters towards him, if they are lazy and believe a storyline.

Woodley is a Spurs fan, he thought the Spurs Shop enhanced the High Street when it was in Southend. He was replying to an email I sent him saying it was not good to promote a London club in our town when we have our own professional club.

Back