• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe An Idea?

J

The Chameleon
The club shop , as we all know, is rather shocking. But, and i really mean this, why don't we re-open another club shop in the town?
Perhaps you won't find this as a silly idea, but a club shop in the town, now we are back to a successful era, could be a good idea.
I don't mean a superstore, and i don't mean a little tin pot shop, but one that looks the business, and does business. Selling tickets, merchandise etc etc..

good idea? Perhaps RM could look into it?

Not a resident, but wasn't there one near Southend Vic station a few years back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Dec. 08 2006,11:47)]Not a resident, but wasn't there one near Southend Vic station a few years back?
errrmmmm, in the victoria plaza, yes i think so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 08 2006,11:45)]The club shop , as we all know, is rather shocking. But, and i really mean this, why don't we re-open another club shop in the town?
Perhaps you won't find this as a silly idea, but a club shop in the town, now we are back to a successful era, could be a good idea.
I doubt it would make enough money to be financially viable.

Plus, that is your opinion, not a fact. I for one don't think it's in the slightest bit shocking.

Doubt they will do it. The club shop does a great trade. What makes me laugh is there are shops in town selling clubs calendars for next season. These include:

Portsmouth
sunderland
Leicester
leeds
and funnier still Hearts.

Is there a demand for those ?

i bought a Heart's calendar..
cool.gif

Why would RM want to look into it ?

He has sold the franchise to Just Sport, it will be their decision when and where they wish to open other outlets.

I would suggest that these are the people to contact along eith a decent buisness plan and sales projections , that should be enough to show them that they are currently failing to realise their full potential

I dont see whats wrong with the one we have ?

Sells everything I could see worthwhile, only downside being part of a francise can be a little slow in getting things to sell outside of the "set" product range. (eg feed the goat shirts)
Having another shop the same in town would be good to raise the profile and would probably take more business, not sure if two would be worth it though.

i think its a pretty damn good idea to open a shop in town, there was a shop in victoria plaza but is now that army shop. i think if we had one there it would deffinately do well sales wise.

worth thinking about i think as i bet a lot of people can't be bothered to walk all the way down to roots hall.

i know of a lot of other teams who have shops in the town near there stadium

ive always wondered about how we could get our shirts into JJB, JD etc, surely it would be viable
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Dec. 08 2006,11:59)]Doubt they will do it. The club shop does a great trade. What makes me laugh is there are shops in town selling clubs calendars for next season. These include:

Portsmouth
sunderland
Leicester
leeds
and funnier still Hearts.

Is there a demand for those ?
The calendar shop in the royals are selling sufc calendars actually!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 08 2006,11:45)]The club shop , as we all know, is rather shocking. But, and i really mean this, why don't we re-open another club shop in the town?
I don't mean a superstore, and i don't mean a little tin pot shop, but one that looks the business, and does business. Selling tickets, merchandise etc etc..

good idea? Perhaps RM could look into it?
The club shop is not at all shocking, the merchandise, layout and the staff are of a very high standard and I would be willing to bet any sum that they have had a record year in sales. Watch the fans tomorrow and a high percentage of them are decked out in club merchandise, more so than before.

Not remotely shocking, just another cynical ,negative post to further chip away at the integrity of SZ.

No employee ( be they a direct one or an indirect one via the franchise) escapes your criticism.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Dec. 08 2006,15:16)]ive always wondered about how we could get our shirts into JJB, JD etc, surely it would be viable
rock.gif
Depends really, for them to be in JJB then we'd have to pay JJB a commission for each shirt sold, it introduces competition and possibly lower prices which means that the club doesnt benefit as much, whereas if we only sell them in the club shop then the club keeps all the cash and will still sell pretty much the same amount as all supporters know exactly where they can get them.
JJB et al sell the kits of clubs with massively huge support from all around the country/world where it is impracticle for them to all visit club shops and are prepared to lose a couple of quid as the volumes are so huge, i dont think we're quite in that league yet.

What the club need to do is re-open the West Stand kiosk. There are plenty of people who park that side of the ground and go straight into the West Stand without setting foot in the main car park. None of these people have access to the club shop unless they make a special effort. The club should make it easier for these people to be parted from their cash!

CSJ is the biggest p%&ck of the highest regard. Are you Mr.Burrows in disguise?
rock.gif
?? you just want to support a team thats successful and now its not going good your moaning like an old women. maybe you'd be better suited to Chelsea and pickout their faults.

put a shop in the highstreet and the main shop looses half its trade, you can only have so much stock for one club, it costs money you know, thank f%ck you aint the accountant. I'm 15, and know it doesnt make ecconomical sense.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Dec. 08 2006,17:34)]I'm 15, and know it doesnt make ecconomical sense.
never would have guessed that, oh by the way, never call me a p%&ck...

have you got tourettes? ADHD? you seem to always swear, be generally rude..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm 15, and know it doesnt make ecconomical sense.
Really? How much is a shop in the High Street then? Can you give us a clear indication of what the turnover would be? How many casual shoppers who dont spend money on Southend gear would buy stuff if there was a shop in town? How many poeple dont go to the Roots Hall shop because they just dont think of it?

I presume you have all this information to hand before dismissing someone as a Pillock.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Dec. 08 2006,17:45)]Southend gear would buy stuff if there was a shop in town? How many poeple dont go to the Roots Hall shop because they just dont think of it?
Yer i guess the acctual footbal ground would be the last place i would go to get SOUTHEND UNITED gifts. f%cking hell, just slipped my mind the club migh acctully have a shop at their actual ground like the other 91 football leauge clubs. And if anyone goes and checks that up you have far too much spare time on your hands!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back