• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Tilly should.....

.... spend a day's session of pre-season teaching the players whenever we come up against this shirt, do NOT score own-goals!

New O's shirt

Any other ideas as to what he needs to drill into the boys this summer? :p

I'm not sure Tilly would be the man to teach players not to score own goals. He twice started off seasons at Southend with own goals (Portsmouth and Millwall?). Paul Brush's pedigree is not much better (Maidstone?) on this front either.

He needs to drum into the players that one of them (at least) must stay up on the half way line for corners that we're defending. That really got my sodding goat last season.

I'm not sure Tilly would be the man to teach players not to score own goals. He twice started off seasons at Southend with own goals (Portsmouth and Millwall?). Paul Brush's pedigree is not much better (Maidstone?) on this front either.

Shudders at the memory :cry:
I blame my Dad for the Pompey shambles, we were cruising at 1-0 (1st goal of the Div1 season IIRC) then he went for a burger to beat the HT rush and by the time he came back, we were losing 2-1

He needs to drum into the players that one of them (at least) must stay up on the half way line for corners that we're defending. That really got my sodding goat last season.

According to Tilson, all defending the corner was a choice by the players....still it didnt seem to do much in the way of defending goals....

According to Tilson, all defending the corner was a choice by the players....still it didnt seem to do much in the way of defending goals....

And he just let them carry on doing it? That's good management!

Tilson out.

:rolleyes:

Tilson out.

Well I did notice towards the end of the season JCR was staying back at the halfway line to catch any loose balls....probably for the best as he doesnt offer much height to defend corners does he?!

Well I did notice towards the end of the season JCR was staying back at the halfway line to catch any loose balls....probably for the best as he doesnt offer much height to defend corners does he?!

Exactly. He was the player we should have left up for corners, due to his height. Anyway, enough of last season, let's pretend it never happened.

Tilson out.

That is very much Tilly's managerial style. I'm sure a lot of people would be aghast at the idea of Tilly not telling the players precisely what to do, but I think its good if the players can think for themselves and not just be robots responding to instructions the whole time.

Mind you, my preference would be very much for leaving JCR up where his pace should enable him to prevent the ball returning straight back into our danger area.

Mind you, my preference would be very much for leaving JCR up where his pace should enable him to prevent the ball returning straight back into our danger area.

And if you leave a player up there, the opposition have to mark him of course...

That is very much Tilly's managerial style. I'm sure a lot of people would be aghast at the idea of Tilly not telling the players precisely what to do, but I think its good if the players can think for themselves and not just be robots responding to instructions the whole time.

Exactly, and probably a very high contribution to the fact we've had such a good team spirit in previous years. They don't feel like robots or they are on an army camp (Sorry Chadded!)!

I assume the Tilson Out was said very much in jest, rather than seriousness, but it's not so clear after the first ranting post! :flamer:

Im sorry what!!

Manager makes the decision Tilly!!

Who the **** are you, Sven!!

This information has really ****ed me off

Back