• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wednesday fan here, just wanted to know how these two have been getting on?

I know Mayor has only played one game but I gather he looked quite sharp. Strange he's dropped two levels, would have thought he'd go out to a League One club. He has made the odd appearance for us this season and looked quite tricky, keen the run at defenders. He started away at League leaders Cardiff and was arguably MOM so i am a little suprised to see him go out on loan to a League 2 club. Hopefully it will be a bit of a coup for you lot! You might be able to get him permanently, i'm not sure whether he is really wanted at Wednesday.

As for Lavery, don't know much about him myself as he's been playing in the development squad for us, what are your first impressions of him? He came through the ranks at Ipswich and was supposedly quite highly rated a couple of years back.

Hope you lot get promoted this season, got alot of time for Paul Sturrock for what he did for us, I think he is a very good manager who certainly knows what he is doing. He made some excellent signings and turned some unknown quantities into real talents E.G. Chris Brunt, Kenwyne Jones, Madjid Bougherra, Glenn Whelan. See he likes to take some ex-Wednesday players around with him aswell, Graham Coughlan was such a warrior and Barry Corr who to be fair was shocking! Does Peter Gilbert still play for you aswell? How he made a career out of football I do not know!

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope our lads do well for you. P.S. you're free to take our centre back Martin Taylor if you want :winking:

they both seem to have quite a bit of potential. Mayor was really quite good first half last night but fell away in the second but that may be due to his quick move and lavery looks confident and has ability but clearly needs experience after only playing in your youth squad, so for that reason, i reckon you might extend his loan till the end of the season.

Mayor certainly looked to run at the defenders as much as he could and usually did so successfully. Put a couple of good crosses in, but faded badly in the second half. Lavery looks full of energy but haven't seen enough of him to really make a judgement.

Mayor was still on the Motorway down to us at 5pm last night. Seen tucking away a Tesco cottage pie at 6.30pm apparently. Played very well first half, then got indigestion second half. Cant see him being left on the shelf this coming month - looks different gravy.

Lavery has looked a little leggy for me, a bit of a rough diamond, but early days yet. Was quite impressed with Mayor, loads of energy and plenty of running in him but did fade a bit (love the fact it could be down to indigestion!). His signing came a bit out of the blue and took us rather by surprise.

Gilbert? Lol, no, he's plying his trade at Lincoln (I think) after never really fitting in here.

Gilbert? Lol, no, he's plying his trade at Lincoln (I think) after never really fitting in here.

shame it took 71 games to realise he "never really fitted in".

shame his replacement is no better.

Mayor was still on the Motorway down to us at 5pm last night. Seen tucking away a Tesco cottage pie at 6.30pm apparently. Played very well first half, then got indigestion second half. Cant see him being left on the shelf this coming month - looks different gravy.

Maybe he is allergic to Horse

Maybe it was horse...he started at a gallop, but that changed to a trot second half, and was quite pony towards the end. Neigh mind, he'll get another run out and hopefully he'll be a stable player who doesn't like hoff-​ball style of play.

is mayor able to play next Wednesday ? heard two differant stories that was signed two late for jpt anyone know

Back