• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Going to cost £19.95 on Sky PPV. :smile:

Was always going to be on Sky BO. Boxnation never stood a chance against Sky's deep pockets. Can't stand Nick Halling's commentary though, so that's the one major downside to Sky getting it.

Dont forget to order a few days before though, as come Saturday night Sky will ramp the price upto £24.99

I just returned from Philippines,My friend their offered me for free a ticket to Pacman V Mayweather fight.Said i needed to come back to Manila and get it ,it included return airfare to Miami and Hotel.Wife said i cannot accept it as would cost me 1000 dollars return airfare to Manila for here, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and in case you dont believe this to be true,my Friends friend is Pacmans personal bodyguard, oh and pacman is also best friend to my wifes cousins husband,i have met Pacman.

Pacman will defeat the woman beater, hes fighting not just for his country but for his sons respect.He has been want ing theis fight for a long time now,but Mayweather been avoiding him.After this fight he will fight KHAN and send him into retirement .The best opponent for either Pacman or Mayweather at present is Genardi Golovkin,now he would be more than a handful for either man ,in my personal opinion.

Fight week is here. My excitement has grown, but I'm still sceptical that this will be a bit of a flop

Pacman will defeat the woman beater, hes fighting not just for his country but for his sons respect.He has been want ing theis fight for a long time now,but Mayweather been avoiding him.After this fight he will fight KHAN and send him into retirement .The best opponent for either Pacman or Mayweather at present is Genardi Golovkin,now he would be more than a handful for either man ,in my personal opinion.

Whilst GGG/Floyd would be an excellent matchup (better than Floyd-Pac), it would mean GGG stepping down in weight & Floyd moving up to light middle, or even a catch weight. Not likely, but not impossible.

Mayweather on points.....snore fest of a fight

Pretty much how I see it going. The hype is understandable, & the respective promotional companies (including Sky) have done a brilliant job turning this into a massive crossover fight* But in fairness, Pac is past his best & although possible, it's highly improbable he'll roll back the years to perform as well as he did against ODLH/Cotto. And with Floyds recently found desire to defend, defend, defend, it's unlikely he'll be bombing forward. In football terms, it'll be like the Arsenal-Chelsea game from yesterday. Floyd being Chelsea & Pac being Arsenal. The bookies odds agree with me. Floyd will win on points. Unless a miracle happens. Which it won't. So Floyd on points.

*for those not understanding what a crossover fight is, is when a fight isn't just highly anticipated by the regular hardcore boxing fans, but literally crosses over into mainstream media & casual/non-boxing fans households. Literally everyone is aware of it, with most looking forward to it.

I haven't seen a fight for donkey's years but I'm excited for this one. With so many Filipino domestic helpers in HK it's not hard to guess what camp I'm in. Head says Mayweather in 7.

10pm Sat night mt time - the main event of the weekend. Sunday 11am approx the fight. Guy at work hosting from 9am. I'm going to be a wreck Sunday evening.

Just been looking at the latest betting odds. Not much value in it, unless you fancy an upset. I might have a sneaky few quid on the draw, but disappointed to see it at 16's, when normally you can get anywhere from 28's upto 50's. Floyd to hit the canvas & win @ 15/2 could b worth a shout. Can't find the odds for Floyd to win by split decision, but that's what my heart tells me anyway.

With talk already bubbling for the rematch, despite the origional spectacle not even having taken place, and the ridiculous figures being bandied about (as if this fight wasn't generating enough cash) I'm inclined to believe the powers that be, would gratefully see a very close & undefinitive decision here. A split decision or a draw would be the best outcome for them. And you just have to wonder.....

The one thing about it going to points, is a lot of judges like workrate, and Pacquiao has that in abundence. If he can be smart with his workrate, I wouldn't be too comfortable with it going to points if I was Floyd. I'm just hoping that Floyd is thinking that too, and it spurs him to be a little bit more adventurous.

But I know in my heart it won't, he won't, and he'll probably win on points. I'll still have a couple of quid on a Manny stoppage, 6, 7 & 8 though. That combined with a three nil win for Southend, and I'll go to bed happy Sunday morning.

By the way, grabbed a ticket for the Brook Gavin bill. A bit of a no-contest, but I needed a fix and it's not a bad card. I've not been since Froch Groves II.

GBJ and wes, I don't know much about the undercard fighters is it worth watching them?

GBJ and wes, I don't know much about the undercard fighters is it worth watching them?

It's ok. Nothing special tbh.

Lomanchenko is an anomaly, he's had 4 professional fights & is a world champion. He brings an unblelieveable amateur pedigree which he's carried into the pro-ranks, but this is a by-the-numbers fight, so no real contest. It's a bit meh really.

Same with Leo Santa Cruz's scrap. He'll win at a canter. As a spectacle its dead. But LSC is an interesting competitor for British fans, because he's one of the main men to challenge Quigg & Frampton. In the Super Bantam Weight division, Rigo (Guillermo Rigondeaux) is known as the man to beat. LSC is a close second, with Frampton & Quigg just behind.

It's ok. Nothing special tbh.

Lomanchenko is an anomaly, he's had 4 professional fights & is a world champion. He brings an unblelieveable amateur pedigree which he's carried into the pro-ranks, but this is a by-the-numbers fight, so no real contest. It's a bit meh really.

Same with Leo Santa Cruz's scrap. He'll win at a canter. As a spectacle its dead. But LSC is an interesting competitor for British fans, because he's one of the main men to challenge Quigg & Frampton. In the Super Bantam Weight division, Rigo (Guillermo Rigondeaux) is known as the man to beat. LSC is a close second, with Frampton & Quigg just behind.

Thanks GBJ,

So I won't be too upset then if I miss it.

anyone know roughly when this will start? If it's 5am I'll get up. Any earlier and i'll just leave it till the morning.

anyone know roughly when this will start? If it's 5am I'll get up. Any earlier and i'll just leave it till the morning.

Ring walks are set to be 4am Our time, but Steve Bunce alluded to much later time. Possibly gone 6:30am

Back