• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McCormack - Captain?

Macca - Captain?

• Total voters

Andyhsufc

Director
Am I the only person who think that Macca should be given a go as captain when he is fit? I love Barrett but i just think he is struggling to motivate the players and he should have stopped the heads dropping yesterday

barrett might be a great ambassador for the club and a top bloke, but i don't ever see him like king kev... not being the most popular but always 100% focused on winning. perhaps AB is a bit too nice!? anyway, I reckon both Clarke and Macca could be in with a shout, maybe next year - but I don't know waht this would say for ABs future

thing is Barratt is going to have to be dropped - 9 goals in 4 days -

and lost us the game last night

may be it's my age but for me the captain is the centre half. He can see eveything in front of him and motivate and if necessary change things. Barrett's the man. Macca will have his say anyway

Am I the only person who think that Macca should be given a go as captain when he is fit? I love Barrett but i just think he is struggling to motivate the players and he should have stopped the heads dropping yesterday

You'll have to change your username to Barrettwasalegend!

First mooted this idea on sept 1, in my first ever post. Was afraid people might think David Icke is slightly touched but looks like idea has some backing. Would guide everybody back to the Walsall game when Barratt said little or nothing to Grant after his bullet own goal. When he needed encouragement from his skip he got nowt. Couldnt see Macca doing that. He'd tell it straight but then lift the kid. No doubt about that.
As I've said before let Barratt focus 100% on his job as defender and let Macca have the captain's responsibility. He's right in the thick of the game in midfield and it would make him an even better driver of the game.

Only if it is a cup game, would've been ideal last night or in the carling cup. Or if Barrett was to be put at left back, if he is centre back there would be no one else imo to be captain.

Back