• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay_Shrimper

Mummy's Little Soldier
"They were unbelievable, especially for the second goal, Leicester took a quick free-kick and even we could tell that Hammond was a good two or three yards offside.

"At the end of the day we don't need the refs help to get out of the relegation zone, we will use out own quality to do it.

"I said to Matty Harrold at half-time that I fancied myself to score, Freddy has had a shot and it has stopped in the mud, I couldn't really miss from two yards," he said.

"Without a doubt we still have belief, we still have the confidence that we are going to stay up because we are by far the best team of those sides down the bottom."

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10444~990918,00.html

That to me is a totally positive interview, just likes eastwood's.

I'm now very confident we will stay up!

Last edited:
McCormack is such a massive player for us. If he, Eastwood & Flavs stay fit then we'll have a chance.

You've got to love McCormack when he comes out with stuff like that. Freddy sounds really positive as well and clearly still believes he can do a job for this club. We're going to need them if we are to avoid the drop this season.

I agree, we are going to need them both (McCormack and Eastwood) as well as Flavs to stay up. A boost of Hammell and Barrett will be perfect as well.

We can do it this season and its all there for the taking. It really is a boost when we have our players talking like that. The two bits for me are in bold in the first post.

"At the end of the day we don't need the refs help to get out of the relegation zone, we will use out own quality to do it.

and

"Without a doubt we still have belief, we still have the confidence that we are going to stay up because we are by far the best team of those sides down the bottom."

I'm now ever-more confident that we can do this!

UTB!

"They were unbelievable, especially for the second goal, Leicester took a quick free-kick and even we could tell that Hammond was a good two or three yards offside.

"I said to Matty Harrold at half-time that I fancied myself to score, Freddy has had a shot and it has stopped in the mud, I couldn't really miss from two yards," he said.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10444~990918,00.html

That to me is a totally positive interview, just likes eastwood's.

I'm now very confident we will stay up!

Macca's right too, we ARE definitely the best of the bottom 7 - it's just frustrating our early season form put us in this position.

Incontrovertibly true...

Still concerned we wont make it after 2 bad refing decisions have cost us potentially 4 points over 2 games. We are so badly a championship side.

Great to see Alan and Freddy talking like this!

If we do go down it won't be for the want of trying! I couldn't agree more with the comments under this thread- the players are positive about staying up and Freddy seems to be rediscovering the form we have grown used to over the last few seasons. Macca is awesome for us, a real 'box to box' player and one who is utterly determined to win. I am amazed Preston could let him go.

Got a feeling they will regret it now, forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't someone post on here the other day that their 2 best centre mids are out with long term injurys now lol

Got a feeling they will regret it now, forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't someone post on here the other day that their 2 best centre mids are out with long term injurys now lol

McCormack to score the winner against Preston :D

Mccormack is a massive player for us as he has the tough winning mentality,
sometimes i look at us alongside otrher teams and it really does look like , men versus boys.

altough not the biggest player he certainly makes up for that with his st5rength and tough tackling.

keep him fit and not suspended and we have agreat chance of pulling this off

Back