• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McCormack

KrustyTheKray

President
Anyone else think he just goes down too easily to win free kicks etc? There must be a sniper in the stands.

His theatrics are getting a joke, and as for him swearing (very clearly shouting the F, and the C word at the lino on the West side), i was left ashamed at his antics tonight. Yes he's a good fighter in midfield, but he was lucky tonight not to get into serious trouble for his tirade at the lino (and we were 2-0 up at the time). Good job the lino didn't alert the ref.

No wonder he gets booked alot.

Second half was abysmal tonight, Paul Clark got it spot on on BBC Essex after the game.

Anyone else see, i think it was Sankofa handball in the area in the second half, how lucky were we?

Game of two halfs sum it up, we should have been out of sight.

Grant the MOM for me.

UP THE BLUES!

Anyone else think he just goes down too easily to win free kicks etc? There must be a sniper in the stands.

His theatrics are getting a joke, and as for him swearing (very clearly shouting the F, and the C word at the lino on the West side), i was left ashamed at his antics tonight. Yes he's a good fighter in midfield, but he was lucky tonight not to get into serious trouble for his tirade at the lino (and we were 2-0 up at the time). Good job the lino didn't alert the ref.

Second half was abysmal tonight, Paul Clark got it spot on on BBC Essex after the game.

Anyone else see, i think it was Sankofa handball in the area in the second half, how lucky were we?

Grant the MOM for me.

UP THE BLUES!

Grant, you sure. I thought he was awful tonight. His missed tackle led to the penalty, plus a stupid piece of showboating in the middle of the park nearly gave away another

OBL does not take/accept Macca criticism. Have to agree with you on all of that, particularly the Sankofa handball, why did he even think about it? Would have had Francis, Barrett, Clarke, Herd.

Grant the MOM for me.

UP THE BLUES!

I think your confusing passion for theatrics. Sure he is prone to the odd sniper fire and i personally hate that but generally he wears his heart on his sleeve whether he is having a good or indifferent game (i use the word indifferent as i have never really seen him have a bad one). If you want to see tough guys watch rugby

I think your confusing passion for theatrics. Sure he is prone to the odd sniper fire and i personally hate that but generally he wears his heart on his sleeve whether he is having a good or indifferent game (i use the word indifferent as i have never really seen him have a bad one). If you want to see tough guys watch rugby

Warming to you too! ;)

Actually thought Macca played as well as I've seen him this season - kept his passing short and sensible, always wanted the ball, tackled and fought and made some nice forward runs into space.

Made him my MoM.

Grant did actually cost us the second goal - his showboat backheel that went wrong let Hartlepool in on the attack from which we never cleared and they got the 2nd.

Macca has been great recently, and has cut out a lot of the mouth.
Granty is the one that goes down like a Brazilian man on the underground.

Grant is worse with the theatrics definitely. McCormack's playing dead when Nelson clipped him round the ear was a joke though.

And yes, how Sankofa got away with the handball at the end I'll never know. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Grant the MOM for me.

UP THE BLUES!

Agreed with a lot and i think that this.....
No. There you are. End of. :thump:
Is pretty rude and dismissive of someones opinion

Actually thought Macca played as well as I've seen him this season - kept his passing short and sensible, always wanted the ball, tackled and fought and made some nice forward runs into space.

Made him my MoM.

Grant did actually cost us the second goal - his showboat backheel that went wrong let Hartlepool in on the attack from which we never cleared and they got the 2nd.

Well that means he cost us both goals indirectly then

Grant does some theatrics occasionally but has anybody noticed the last few months at Roots Hall teams have been kicking lumps out of him all the time? Must be gobby on the pitch or something.

He definitely needs to take lessons from Grant on how to stay on his feet.

As OBL will be the first to say, Grant is by far the superior player.

His theatrics are getting a joke, and as for him swearing (very clearly shouting the F, and the C word at the lino on the West side), i was left ashamed at his antics tonight.

I believe I'm right in saying that there's nothing in the rules against using those words on the field or to the officials. So quote why you're so "ashamed" (other than that you're being your usual melodramatic self) I don't know.

I believe I'm right in saying that there's nothing in the rules against using those words on the field or to the officials. So quote why you're so "ashamed" (other than that you're being your usual melodramatic self) I don't know.

I thought that players were sent off regularly for using foul and abusive language? Therefore calling the ref or linesman a **** must surely fall into this category you would feel.

I don't believe that's right. Swearing as such isn't against the rules and neither is swearing in conversation with a ref. Using insulting or threatening behaviour towards a referee (Barrington Belgrave vs Orient a few years back, for example) is a red card offence but whether there is swearing or not involved is incidental. The context is the important thing.

As always I'm sure that Mick can clarify.

Agreed with a lot and i think that this.....

Is pretty rude and dismissive of someones opinion

Come now Stevie GGG, what else did you expect? The lad has played a couple of absolute blinding games for us recently, yet someone who is known to be hyper critical of the team - usually when we lose, but this time, had nothing better to criticise - comes on and starts slagging off my favourite player. Of course I'm going to be snappy in response. Criticise where it's due by all means, but I think this little outburst is rather petulant.

I also feel, as others have said, that Grant goes down far easier. Macca "took the bullet" twice I think, both times as a result of nasty tackles, considering what he's been through this season with elbows in the face and stuff with his knee, I have no problem with it. It's part of the game these days isn't it?

Come now Stevie GGG, what else did you expect? The lad has played a couple of absolute blinding games for us recently, yet someone who is known to be hyper critical of the team - usually when we lose, but this time, had nothing better to criticise - comes on and starts slagging off my favourite player. Of course I'm going to be snappy in response. Criticise where it's due by all means, but I think this little outburst is rather petulant.

I also feel, as others have said, that Grant goes down far easier. Macca "took the bullet" twice I think, both times as a result of nasty tackles, considering what he's been through this season with elbows in the face and stuff with his knee, I have no problem with it. It's part of the game these days isn't it?

Come on OBL, if the way an opposition player went down the way a couple of times macca did tonight we would be having a right go at him! He took a couple for hits for sure but he's clever in the way he does it not like Bas Savage for example.

Last edited:
Grant, you sure. I thought he was awful tonight. His missed tackle led to the penalty, plus a stupid piece of showboating in the middle of the park nearly gave away another

Are you sure,

Grant (Give or take a stupid back heal that lead to the build of of there 2nd goal) was excellent all night in my book.

Made time for himself, calm and collected and great tackling. 2nd in MOM only to Macca in my book.

Back