• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mcgleish or Armstrong?

Ive heard that Tilson is talking to both Scott Mcgleish and Alun Armstrong!

Who would you prefer?

Armstrong!! haha

he is still part of the plans at Ipswich Town FC and there is no way he will be playing Division 3 football next season. end of..

however i would prefer alun armstrong to answer yor question
tounge.gif

Alun Armstrong obviously but like Southend4ever says.......never gonna happen!!

Armstrong has been released by ipswich according to BBC website. He would not drop down to div 3 though.

I think Armstrong was released in the summer... better check that.

No way would he come to Southend though, he'd want a good few grand still at least.

Yes, I thought that he'd been released by Town... but why on earth would he come to Roots Hall?! Presumably, he'd be off down the road to Col Ewe - like everyone else who doesn't quite fit in at Ipswich, on and off the pitch...

rock.gif

Matt

From the Nationwide league website

" Bart-Williams and Armstrong released 24 May

Ipswich Town boss Joe Royle has decided against offering new contracts to Alun Armstrong and Chris Bart-Williams.

Striker Armstrong made just five starts for the Tractor Boys last season and spent three months on loan at Bradford City, so his departure comes as no real surprise.

Bart-Williams joined Town from Charlton Athletic in September 2003 initially on loan, before signing a short-term deal with the club, but Royle has decided that the midfielder no longer features in his plans.

Royle has though offered new deals to Chris Makin, Lewis Price, Jim Magilton, John McGreal, Fabian Wilnis, Jermaine Wright and Richard Naylor.

The seven have been given until the expiry of their current deals on June 30 to make a decision about the new terms on offer."

Beat me to it fbm! Just about to post the same info!!
biggrin.gif

well found FBM.. after coming on against West Ham the other week in playoff semi final I could not foresee that happening.. sign him up
biggrin.gif

question is where did Blue Bayou here this?? Could he be in the know and this is his subtle way of dropping a hint?
rock.gif
??
blues.gif
tounge.gif

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Still think we&#39;re more likely to get CHRIS Armstrong...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 25 2004,13:31)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Still think we&#39;re more likely to get CHRIS Armstrong...</span>
more like Neil Armstrong
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 25 2004,13:43)]Daryl Sutch played in the play-off final before he came here...
rock.gif
Yes, but Daryl was:

(i) Already on the fringes at Norwich - effectively on his way out.
(ii) Great mates with Newman, a major reason in him coming to Roots Hall
(iii) Trying to escape XXL16...

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:17)]Beat me to it fbm&#33; Just about to post the same info&#33;&#33;
biggrin.gif
Far too much time on his hands old FBM &#33;

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back