• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mcnasty gets love letter

McNasty

Just received a reply to my letter to Colin Calderwood asking him if he instructed or encouraged Eric Sabin to dive for penalties during our match when Sabin hit the deck like he had been shot.
"With regard to the penalty decision, any contact no matter how slight can lead to the referee awarding a penalty but rest assured that I do not and will not ever encourage my players to fall deliberately."
I think he should have a serious chat with Sabin who, in a later match , was given a second yellow (and then red-carded) for a blatant dive in the penalty area.
I rest my case, your Honour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 21 2004,10:16)]Just received a reply to my letter to Colin Calderwood asking him if he instructed or encouraged Eric Sabin to dive....................................rest assured that I do not and will not ever encourage my players to fall deliberately."
Mmm.  Objection Your Honour

M'lord.  The defendant categorically states that he didn't encourage him to fall over.  But he clearly fails to confirm that he didn't instruct him to dive.  I think the case against is clearly proved by this omission.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ May 21 2004,10:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 21 2004,10:16)]Just received a reply to my letter to Colin Calderwood asking him if he instructed or encouraged Eric Sabin to dive....................................rest assured that I do not and will not ever encourage my players to fall deliberately."
Mmm.  Objection Your Honour

M'lord.  The defendant categorically states that he didn't encourage him to fall over.  But he clearly fails to confirm that he didn't instruct him to dive.  I think the case against is clearly proved by this omission.
Bring back hanging !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 21 2004,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ May 21 2004,10:25)]
[b said:
Mmm. Objection Your Honour

M'lord. The defendant categorically states that he didn't encourage him to fall over. But he clearly fails to confirm that he didn't instruct him to dive. I think the case against is clearly proved by this omission.
Bring back hanging !
Isn't it punishment enough having to manage a club that play at a LegoLand stadium with a hill offering free views bad enough?

rock.gif

Well Sabin got his just desserts as he missed the vital penalty last night that sent Northampton out of the playoffs. Unfortunately this means we will (probably) have him diving at the Hall again next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 21 2004,10:47)]Well Sabin got his just desserts as he missed the vital penalty last night that sent Northampton out of the playoffs.
Oh deep deep joy!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Give's us a very nice day out in Northampton though!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

How sad are you? I can't believe anyone would write to a club complainin about divin.

Get a life

I just hope you do not have the cretin Trevor Parkes in charge of one of your games.

Still now Constantine has gone, who is going to score your penalties even if Trevor or AN Other Poor ref awards you one.

BTW. Us Cobblers Fans will be backing Sabin for France in the Olympic Diving Contest

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2004,19:57)]Still now Constantine has gone, who is going to score your penalties even if Trevor or AN Other Poor ref awards you one.
Jimmy Corbett...

P.S. I laughed so hard when he missed that penalty and denied you a trip to the MillStad, and it's such a nice stadium aswell.
biggrin.gif

...If (hyperthetically) sabin dived, despite the fact he didn't, all southend fans should take a serious look at a certain diving diving Lawrie Duddfield... bet none of youcomlain when you players blatently dive... *cough* constantine... oh wait hes gone to a better club!!

Southend on sea is gunna flood, gunna flood, gunna flood southend on sea is gunna flood you're all w*nkers
Build it up in Claret and white claret and white, claret and white build it up with claret and white YOU'RE ALL W*ANKERS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 22 2004,21:13)]...If (hyperthetically) sabin dived, despite the fact he didn't, all southend fans should take a serious look at a certain diving diving Lawrie Duddfield... bet none of youcomlain when you players blatently dive... *cough* constantine... oh wait hes gone to a better club!!

Southend on sea is gunna flood, gunna flood, gunna flood southend on sea is gunna flood you're all w*nkers
Build it up in Claret and white claret and white, claret and white build it up with claret and white YOU'RE ALL W*ANKERS
Thank god you managed to make it out of this division eh?

Oh wait put out by a Mansfield team on penalties, what a shame.

Go play in your lego stadium.

Hmmm, I do detect the politics of envy from someone the age of 12 - mental if not physical? What's the matter? Didn't want Lawrie to go? Oh, dear, poor little diddums.

And at least Constantine showed he can take a penalty. And Sabin showed he couldn't. Still, not to worry. You can discuss it with us next season, along with how your boys choked in the play-offs. And we can tell you just how good a place the Millennium Stadium is.

Funny how sometimes football gives people everything they deserve
wink.gif

....nope we don't need dudds anymore we have the supreme tallents of Eric Sabin...
btw he didn't miss the penalty it was well saved, in the end one team had to go out, we just bore the brunt of crossley the deamon ref

So the fact you were outplayed for three quarters of the play-off semi and deservedly lost on balance of play had nothing to do with it?

Chomp!

Sabins penalty was not well saved, it wasn't far enough in the corner and couldn't really have been at a better height for the keeper.
Never mind I guess its better staying here at least you might be able to win a few games next year rather then going up and coming straight back down again.
And whats all this stuff about Gunna? Are you a closet Arsenal fan.

Back