• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McQueen thrilled to join Blues on loan

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United new boy Sam McQueen cannot wait to start his first ever loan spell when Coventry City visit Roots Hall*on Saturday.

More...

SOUTHEND United new boy Sam McQueen cannot wait to start his first ever loan spell when Coventry City visit Roots Hall*on Saturday.

More...

There is obviously a pro-ordained statement that these blokes are required to read out. It would be nice for a change if one said:

'I'm here because no higher placed club wanted me on loan.'

There is obviously a pro-ordained statement that these blokes are required to read out. It would be nice for a change if one said:

Not always so. The manager makes a difference as does the chance for starting games rather than being a bench warmer.

Not always so. The manager makes a difference as does the chance for starting games rather than being a bench warmer.

So far PB has never favoured anyone because their a loanee. If he performs he will keep the shirt. From what I've seen this group of players conduct themselves very well on the pitch, in training and especially socially. So he is in good hands.

On the plus side for Sam if he can cross a ball he will be fine as this has been our biggest disappointment so far this season. I can assure you he is not up against much opposition.

I think he was swayed by the customary 2 hour 'lock in's' post match when we've let slip a 2-0 lead!

if he's in, who's definately gone?

Could also be Worrall, if we can agree on a fee with Bury I think all parties will want the deal concluded pretty quickly.
Great player but obviously not settled down south.

So 3 in .... (Barnett, Hendrie & Mcqueen)
And
Possibly 4 out .... (Rea, Pigott, Worrall & Hurst)

LOL.. Take your pick :smile:

Im blaming the constant typo's on the mother in law's potent fruit salad that I had for desert last night !!

Would have thought the player should have said something like "if I'm selected for the Coventry game"?

Sounds ominous,but good luck Macca 2.

Prehaps he should have said im well ****ed of finishing up at this ****ehole

Wait until he hears about the whole "no onions in the burgers" Saga!! :smile:

I think he should have said "I wish people on SZ would stop mixing me up with Steve McQueen, although I am intending to arrive by motorbike tomorrow and jump over the corner of the North Bank and onto the pitch"

I think he should have said "I wish people on SZ would stop mixing me up with Steve McQueen, although I am intending to arrive by motorbike tomorrow and jump over the corner of the North Bank and onto the pitch"

He could have also said,

I have limited football experience but will feature in every Southend game until the season ends,I beg SZ not to be nasty even if it appears I have little interest in the matches whilst playing terribly yet still having lots and lots of pitch time,my club Saints have told SUFC play me or pay me.

Only jesting of course:winking:

Visiting Roots Hall for the first time this Saturday. Any tips on where to find a place to park (car not motorbike) within walking distance. Will be arriving about 2:45!!!

Back